sleddale hall, new owner!

Post your pics and stories of your visits to the various locations from the film.

Re: sleddale hall, new owner!

PostPosted by Silage Heap » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:30 pm

Well, what "Uncle Tim" said is more than we could reasonably expect from the new private owner of the Hall, returning it to its former glory and even being welcoming to fans of the film who want a look round, but it's a shame we'll have to have permission now after being able to break in and consume as much alcohol/drugs as you can stomach whilst exploring the graffiti quoted rooms and hoping the roof doesn't fall on you, but I suppose it's now more in line with its "free to those who can afford it" status in the film. I just hope Tim is nothing like Uncle Monty. Although that would be funny as long as he didn't attempt any burglaries.
Right lads!
Pack your bags
And come aboard as we hoist the Black Flag...
Silage Heap

PostPosted by Fellini » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:22 pm

Looking at it realistically; and from a fans point of view, the only way foreward is to lock the place up and visit by permission.
Given this is national news, the more unscrupulous out there may be tempted to take away a bit of W&I history before the shutters go up; and who would want the place further vandalised whilst it is being restored to its former glory?
Given all the possible outcomes, it does seem that the real winner is Sleddale Hall itself.
The best of luck to Tim, and here's to Crow Crag, circa 1969.
As a youth I used to weep in butchers shops
Fellini

PostPosted by The Purveyor » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:44 pm

I wish you all the best in your endeavours, Tim.

Thanks, too, for considering the fans in all this.

I think it is very brave what you are doing.
"Will we never be set free?"
The Purveyor
I guessed the selling price of Sleddale
I guessed the selling price of Sleddale

PostPosted by aleks » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:00 am

Silage Heap wrote:Well, what "Uncle Tim" said is more than we could reasonably expect from the new private owner of the Hall, returning it to its former glory and even being welcoming to fans of the film who want a look round, but it's a shame we'll have to have permission now after being able to break in and consume as much alcohol/drugs as you can stomach whilst exploring the graffiti quoted rooms and hoping the roof doesn't fall on you, but I suppose it's now more in line with its "free to those who can afford it" status in the film. I just hope Tim is nothing like Uncle Monty. Although that would be funny as long as he didn't attempt any burglaries.

WHAT A FUCKING CUNT
aleks

Previous

Return to Locations, see?