Wherefore art thou Sebastian ?

Post your pics and stories of your visits to the various locations from the film.

Wherefore art thou Sebastian ?

PostPosted by Montys Cat » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:49 pm

I find it a bit strange the way our late lamented 'owner' of Sleddale Hall. A certain Mr Sebastian Hindley-somewhat jumped the gun in claiming ownership. Milking the national publicity and launching a website...still on line...without being able to dot the I's and cross the T's.
I'd feel a bit soft it was me. What got into the fellow ?

I did a piece on my political/cultural blog for the wider world.

http://newsfromnowherenow.blogspot.com/ ... again.html
My thumbs have gone weird !
Montys Cat

Re: Wherefore art thou Sebastian ?

PostPosted by Tim » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:47 pm

Hi Monty's Cat,

Saw your blog - tried to post a reply but failed!

Noticed you plan to go to the house in November and just wanted to let you know that I'm happy to meet you there and let you in but wouldn't want you to make the journey only to find the house locked up.

Tim
Tim

PostPosted by Withwine and I » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:29 pm

You know 'wherefore' basically means 'for why'?
They found him wandering round Regent's Park with a cheap bottle of sherry...

And like a fool I mixed them and it strangled up my mind, and now people just get uglier and I have no sense of time...
Withwine and I

PostPosted by oomska » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:36 pm

Apparently its not like me to spread gossip but I got this off Edna in the post office, something about betty hadn`t cleaned her step in 2 weeks and still had the same curtains up for the last month, oh yes and Seb hindley was still telling people he was the new owner even when he really knew that he didn`t have the cash to buy the place, poor show indeed, :thumbdown:
.`. `. .

.`.
oomska
Formerly wicksy42

PostPosted by Silage Heap » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:30 am

Bah. Any one of us could have been the temporary owner of Sleddale Hall. I can just picture the scene... (Cue W +I quote)
"Going once, going twice, sold! To the penniless drunks in the corner."
"We are not drunks, we are multimillionaires."
"Yes, we'll buy this place, and install a fucking juke box in here!"

And then simply pull out when the booze wears off the next day, leaving you the bragging rights (good on this forum only) of temporarily owning the most valuable and prestigious piece of Withnail and I memorabilia.
Right lads!
Pack your bags
And come aboard as we hoist the Black Flag...
Silage Heap

PostPosted by oomska » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:07 am

Silage Heap wrote:Bah. Any one of us could have been the temporary owner of Sleddale Hall. I can just picture the scene... (Cue W +I quote)
"Going once, going twice, sold! To the penniless drunks in the corner."
"We are not drunks, we are multimillionaires."
"Yes, we'll buy this place, and install a fucking juke box in here!"

And then simply pull out when the booze wears off the next day, leaving you the bragging rights (good on this forum only) of temporarily owning the most valuable and prestigious piece of Withnail and I memorabilia.

Yes and no, as, you could have easily bid as no ID was rquired to get in or even to bid at the original auction, though you would have had to have been a millionaire to get drunk in that place as they were charging 8 quid a pop for a bottle of London ale, the dirty robbing, overcharging, not requesting ID to get in ing, well, you know the rest.
.`. `. .

.`.
oomska
Formerly wicksy42

PostPosted by Montys Cat » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:00 am

Tim wrote:Hi Monty's Cat,

Saw your blog - tried to post a reply but failed!

Noticed you plan to go to the house in November and just wanted to let you know that I'm happy to meet you there and let you in but wouldn't want you to make the journey only to find the house locked up.

Tim

Don't know why you couldn't post on the blog...it has open access ? Anyway...I've cut and pasted your comments from here to there.

Don't worry about meeting me at your house. I realise the ancien regime is over and Sleddale now has a proper owner with plans n'all. I wouldn't want to be like one of those sad celebrity stalkers, peering at yourself and your family from over the wall !

Hope you can keep the old place in its present lay-out with its courtyard etc and like the idea of a sympathetic restoration of the interior.

All things must pass though. New eras must dawn etc........good luck with the grand project !
Montys Cat

PostPosted by Montys Cat » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:14 am

Praise be to Crooked for removing the irrelevant abusive junk from the thread. I was hoping to hear from Tim again but I expect he has beat a hasty retreat never to be heard from again after reading some of the comments.
Montys Cat

PostPosted by Silage Heap » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:47 pm

He doesn't seem to come on here that often anyway, so hopefully he never saw it.
Right lads!
Pack your bags
And come aboard as we hoist the Black Flag...
Silage Heap

Return to Locations, see?