visiting the cottage

Post your pics and stories of your visits to the various locations from the film.

visiting the cottage

PostPosted by peudent » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:12 pm

Hi. i am going up to crow crag for the 1st time next week, and was wondering if you can give me proper directions. i am going to the cottage aswell as the bampton phone box (if you have directions to that too...)

many thanks for your time.
peudent

Re: visiting the cottage

PostPosted by shagsack » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:15 pm

This link is all you will need. Good luck.

http://www.ukonscreen.com/films.php?heefkbb
The only program I'm likely to get on is the fucking news.
shagsack

PostPosted by jeff wode » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:22 pm

come off the motorway(m6) at junction 39, when you get to the top of the slip road(heading north i assume) turn left. go to the end of the road and turn right. about 300 yards up the road you will see a sign to the left saying 'wet sleddale' turn left here, and follow the road to the end without turning off. you will come to a car park next to a dam. the reservoir is wet sleddale reservoir. if you stand at the end of the dam and look over the reservoir, at the far end of it, slightly to the right, up on the hillside, you will see a building, this is sleddale hall. follow the footpath along the side of the reservoir, stay on it, and when you get past the small barn and little wooden bridge, stay on the path marked by the wooden posts with white tops. this will take you to the bridge where the fish shooting scene was filmed. cross the bridge and walk straight up the hill and over a stile onto a rough farm track, walk to the top of this track and you will find sleddale hall.

bampton phone box ix easy to find. just drive to bampton, and its smack bang in the middle!
"imagine the size of his balls!"
jeff wode

PostPosted by peudent » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:19 pm

thank you so much fellas!
peudent

PostPosted by Tim » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:41 pm

Hi Peudent,

I'm Tim the owner of Sleddale Hall.

I'd gladly show you - and anyone else for that matter - inside the house if I'm there. I appreciate that some people come a long way to see the house.

You can contact me at sleddalehall@btinternet.com to check on access. If I'm not there then the house should be locked up and secure.

Regards,

Tim
Tim

PostPosted by jeff wode » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:14 pm

hi tim. any progress report on the place? you got the planning issues sorted yet?
"imagine the size of his balls!"
jeff wode

Return to Locations, see?