Vivian MacKerrell

Vivian MacKerrell

PostPosted by Tennyson » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:34 pm

I'm new to the forum and don't know whether this has been raised before, but has anyone managed to confirm Vivian MacKerrell's dates of birth and death? The 'Withnail and I' book by Thomas Hewitt-McManus states VM died in 1990 aged 48, but this is contradicted by Wikipedia. VM doesn't seem to be on Find-a-Grave.com. I think he deserves a blue plaque somewhere.
Tennyson

Re: Vivian MacKerrell

PostPosted by Tennyson » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:19 am

OK, I'll answer my own question (grumble, grumble). Actually this isn't an answer but a suggestion that the 'Vivian and I' book might include his dates. Has anyone got hold of this book yet? I did read the author's article in "The Chap" magazine which wasn't particularly interesting but perhaps the book is better. Can any chaps or chapettes enlighten me?

(Also, how on earth does a magazine like that keep going? Someone must have invested a lot of private money and be losing it hand over fist. There surely can't be THAT many people who enjoy pretending to be Bertie Wooster in the 21st century. Get a life, one does somehow feel, what?)
Tennyson

PostPosted by Parkin » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:31 am

All I know is that he got to see the film with Bruce,.. I've lost my W&I Mojo over the last couple of years, but will get it back soon, just need to re-read my books and get the new ones :-)
Danny's here. Milf Hunter to his friends. Milf Hunter to everybody

one of my fav lines from the film ;-)
Parkin

PostPosted by Tennyson » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:24 pm

Thanks, Parkin. I did manage to work out his dates, I think, from the publicity about Colin Bacon's new book. Incidentally, thanks also to the forum member who directed us to the author interview by that Nottingham online magazine. It was much more interesting than the article in 'The Chap' and gave a real sense of what MacKerrell (and Robinson, for that matter) was/is like.

Given that this year is the quarter-century anniversary of the film, I'm sure there'll be other new books and more publicity. This Forum provides a real service in letting us know what's out there, especially for IT retards like me who can only just switch a computer on. What's a mojo? (Yes, I know: "Keep up, grandpa.")
Tennyson

Return to Questions and Suggestions