Doctor Who

Other films, music, TV and books

Doctor Who

PostPosted by Withwine and I » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:13 pm

Was watching Doctor who last night, there's a bit where he says 'we've got to get down there' and I couldn't help but append 'and have sex with those cows'. Not quite right, but close enough.
They found him wandering round Regent's Park with a cheap bottle of sherry...

And like a fool I mixed them and it strangled up my mind, and now people just get uglier and I have no sense of time...
Withwine and I

Re: Doctor Who

PostPosted by crooked » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:52 pm

I can scarcely believe that rubbish gets on the BBC. It's the kind of third rate trash you'd expect on a low budget cable channel.
ImageImageImage
crooked
Site Admin

PostPosted by Withwine and I » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:20 pm

It's Saturday Night BBC1, since when was that synonymous with quality?

And like a fool I mixed them and it strangled up my mind, and now people just get uglier and I have no sense of time...
Withwine and I

PostPosted by crooked » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:45 pm

ImageImageImage
crooked
Site Admin

PostPosted by E. Nygma » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:43 pm

Withwine and I wrote:Was watching Doctor who last night, there's a bit where he says 'we've got to get down there' and I couldn't help but append 'and have sex with those cows'. Not quite right, but close enough.

I take it you were watching a Matt Smith episode from the newest series. I actually like the show this year. If it was from an episode from when Davies was in charge it then having sex with cows was probably in the original draft of the script.
Don't threaten me with a dead fish!
E. Nygma

PostPosted by Withwine and I » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:24 pm

Moffat is better, and seems capable of thought. Davies was a master of the art of building something up and then making it really, really shit.

Also The Last Surviving Daleks didn't get completely wiped to end the series this time. That's 1/1 instead of 1/4.

Withwine and I

PostPosted by The Purveyor » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:39 am

'Doctor Who' under the last bloke, RTD, was a shocking shambles - and had little of the subtlety and dark horror of the 1960s' and 1970s' original.
(But then I would say that being a child of the 70s.)

RTD was given too many plaudits for returning it to (and reinventing it for) the small screen.
The critics overlooked the simple fact that EVERY EPISODE appeared to be a melodramatic excercise in THE END.
(Delete as applicable as to whether it was 'the end' of time/space/the universe/the Doctor's life, etc etc.
You could, however, be guaranteed the closer to the final part of a series it was, the higher the-importance-level 'the end' on offer was.)

While RTD was a self-confessed fan of the original 'DW', my criticisms of his 'DW' work included:
*why stories could not be any longer than one-week long (ie 45-minutes long). (A decision was taken early on that Today's Kids just don't have the attention span?)
*why he took so many aspects of the original (esp. costumes) and made it/them... erm... over-the-top. Okay... camp. Oh alright, if you must - gay.
*all that kissing-the-assistant malarkey (sacrilege).

The very last RTD episode (featuring 'the end' for David Tennant, too) was the biggest load of self-indulgent twaddle RTD had ever written. Talk about drawn-out.
Frankly, I thought the bloke had a few good ideas - which he wrote and re-wrote for four series.

I found it telling that the only episode people spoke really highly of during his run was the one that Stephen Moffat wrote ('Blink').
Having said that, I have not watched one episode under Moffat's stewardship.

So there you go: my ha'pennyworth.
"Will we never be set free?"
The Purveyor
I guessed the selling price of Sleddale

PostPosted by SpiritMuse » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:47 pm

Hah... I'm almost afraid now to say that I liked it. A lot. It is in fact RTD's era that made me become a fan of the show. Of course, it does help that it's the first era I really watched.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
SpiritMuse

PostPosted by The Purveyor » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:23 pm

Ignore me. I often get on my high horse! I am sure there are many redeeming features of the new 'Doctor Who'. I am just (bitterly) hanging on to my childhood.

A suggestion: try 'Genesis Of The Daleks' on DVD, a 1974 Tom Baker-era story. I think you may like it.
The Purveyor

PostPosted by SpiritMuse » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:08 am

The Purveyor wrote:A suggestion: try 'Genesis Of The Daleks' on DVD, a 1974 Tom Baker-era story. I think you may like it.

Way ahead of you there! I've watched bits and pieces of all the Doctors. I like them all, really.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
SpiritMuse

PostPosted by oomska » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:07 pm

Suddenly Iam now a fan of the time travelling fella me lad for some reason or another, can`t quite put my finger on it. 8)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/9157600 ... eiled.html

I hope she makes good use of his sonic screwdriver thingy :thumbup:
.`. `. .

.`.
oomska
Formerly wicksy42

PostPosted by crooked » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:45 pm

Typical tanorexic orange slut :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
ImageImageImage
crooked
Site Admin

PostPosted by The Purveyor » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:44 pm

Withwine and I wrote:Was watching Doctor who last night, there's a bit where he says 'we've got to get down there' and I couldn't help but append 'and have sex with those cows'

:lol:
The Purveyor

PostPosted by Bondee » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:36 am

oomska wrote:Suddenly Iam now a fan of the time travelling fella me lad for some reason or another, can`t quite put my finger on it. 8)

Pretty, but she's no Karen Gillan. The red-hair and Scottish accent does something for me.

see also: Louise Stewart, Shirley Manson, my friend Christina.
(-.(-.(-.(-.(-.(-.-).-).-).-).-).-)
They're watching you!
Bondee

PostPosted by McFuck » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:42 am

some days I have no idea what anyone is talking about :?
Don't attempt anything without the gloves.
McFuck

Next

Return to Other Entertainment