the best anti drink drive ad ever

A place to come and say hello and hang around and converse.

Re: the best anti drink drive ad ever

PostPosted by Ellietronic » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:50 pm

McFuck wrote:I feel like a pig shat in my head. No, it's not a hangover but a cold. Where is that sneezing smiley?

Get some lemsip. Fuck knows if it helps or not but it tastes pretty good.
Ellietronic

PostPosted by The Purveyor » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:04 pm

Ellietronic wrote:I'm in a horrible mood and laughed my head off at that. Seriously. I'm still laughing now. Brilliant.

Nothing like cars hitting people and each other to help a fowl mood. :D

"Just high...". :wink:
Last edited by The Purveyor on Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Will we never be set free?"
The Purveyor
I guessed the selling price of Sleddale

PostPosted by The Purveyor » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:15 pm

Sounding completely like a politician speaking in the 'Daily Wail', I will say following:

I have not seen the offending ad (actually I saw the opening ten seconds). Of what I saw, I knew I could not see any more of it. Anything which has REM's 'Everybody Hurts' as its backing track and starts off with people being happy at a social gathering - and when you know the ad is for car safety - is only going to end badly. If it is for humorous purposes, then the makers need to look at themselves: what is funny about road death. If it is making a serious point, and people find that funny - well, I think I have made my point.

I have never lost anyone to a road accident, but I know the pain of losing someone too early - and what it can be like at those funerals.

Of course, if I am missing the point entirely and I should actually view the clip, let me know.

*steps down from soapbox*
Last edited by The Purveyor on Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Will we never be set free?"
The Purveyor

PostPosted by oomska » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:32 pm

Ellietronic wrote:Oh God, I feel awful now. Sorry. I wrote that when I was incredibly drunk and totally not thinking straight about anything. Anyone who knows me well will know I'm not usually a bitter horrible bitch, especially about stuff like that, I'm just not right at the minute.
No I don't find it funny, and I'm sorry to anyone who was offended by what I said.

If we all had to apologise for a Miss demeanor we did or said when we were a bit tipsytoes then there would be no room for conversation or that 10ft plaster fish we stole from the seafront chippy and dragged back to our sudent digs in the early eighties, sorry Mr chan. :oops:

Good for you Ellie.

I dont need to be drunk to laugh at peoples inability to negotiate the slippy stuff though, OAPs look away now :P ooh that means me :|
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj0CCZvi ... re=related
Last edited by oomska on Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
.`. `. .

.`.
oomska
Formerly wicksy42

PostPosted by McFuck » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:16 am

Ellietronic wrote:Get some lemsip. Fuck knows if it helps or not but it tastes pretty good.

not sold in the USA, bugger.
Don't attempt anything without the gloves.
McFuck

Previous

Return to The Crow and Crown