Wikileaks & Freedom of Information

A place for discussing news articles, politics and more serious issues.

Re: Wikileaks & Freedom of Information

PostPosted by bastard behind the eyes » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:30 pm

HE Bates wrote:He's not weird. He's just a geek with strong political convictions.

Here's part 1 of a Swedish (!) documentary (follow links for 3 remaining parts):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhTfOL9_HBE

I have to take issue here. I'm not saying he is weird per se but he is just creepy. I have it on the highest authority. I had to question her about it today. So there you go, maybe not totally weird but definitely creepy
There must and shall be aspirin
bastard behind the eyes

PostPosted by bastard behind the eyes » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:37 pm

Silage Heap wrote:Anyone watch John Pilger's "The War You Don't See" the other night? Very interesting and pretty disturbing, if maybe a little one-sided, but you know what you're getting with Pilger and in the face of all the propaganda spewed out by the BBC and Sky etc it's easily forgiveable. At the very least you get information you don't regularly get on mainstream news channels. Granted, some of the revelations of bias amongst journalists and pressure to toe a certain line might be old news to some of us but it was still good to hear actual journalists, newsreaders, politicians and soldiers admit what we've always suspected - while they were doing their jobs they were wittingly involved in a concerted effort to deceive the public. And the Wikileaks footage of the journalists and civilians being gunned down from an Apache was sickening. Still, I'm sure their deaths were necessary to protect them from terrorism. Better to die today than self-radicalize tomorrow, after all.

Didn't see this programme as I find tv a total waste of time apart from Dragon's Den. So what did this programme say? What is your point? I get the point about the BBC being Trotskyist fifth columnists and rabble rousers along with virtually all other mainstream media but what is the stuff about soldiers etc deceiving the public?
I wouldn't read too much into the Apache thing. It is well-known in all conflicts that Yanks just like to shoot first and use overkill.
What is self radicalisation? Is that like self immolisation? I really don't understand that last sentence.
bastard behind the eyes

PostPosted by HE Bates » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:56 pm

bastard behind the eyes wrote:
HE Bates wrote:He's not weird. He's just a geek with strong political convictions.

Here's part 1 of a Swedish (!) documentary (follow links for 3 remaining parts):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhTfOL9_HBE

I have to take issue here. I'm not saying he is weird per se but he is just creepy. I have it on the highest authority. I had to question her about it today. So there you go, maybe not totally weird but definitely creepy

Point of interest: are you of legal training (i.e. had to question someone about it). I presume that the person you had to question is the "highest authority" - in what sense or by which/whose definition?

[Please note that I ask these questions out of interest and in the most neutral way. I don't want to turn these boards into a wiki-leaky slanging match.]

Also, the creepy and/or weird portrayal are held by people both independent and dependent of, with no reference or with reference to, the details Swedish case. That is, when the Swedish case is brought into the frame, the response is: "Well, he is/appears creepy/weird so I'm not surprised." In short: he is creepy, therefore he would rape; he raped, which confirms his creepiness.

So I'm just saying, his weirdness is no more than the weirdness of an average geek (which I state, of course, independent of the "creepiness" that surrounds him now following the Swedish case). In any case, by connecting creepiness with the Swedish case, the subtext is that it is only creepy men who rape (I understand that, by definition, those who rape are creeps in a different sense. But what I'm trying to say is that men who appear normal can and do also rape.)

(Am I making sense yet? Hungover, late night last night, etc.)
...drinking cider, discussing butter
HE Bates

PostPosted by bastard behind the eyes » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:00 pm

Well there you go then. He is creepy and a rapist and a leaker.
Next!
bastard behind the eyes

PostPosted by McFuck » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:36 pm

I feel like a pig shat in my head :(

I'm tired of the whole thing. Everything is a conspiracy these days. Where is the alleged victim of this alleged rape?
Don't attempt anything without the gloves.
McFuck

PostPosted by crooked » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:30 pm

It's now got to the point that he has been dubbed J-Monk. The story has run its course.
ImageImageImage
crooked
Site Admin

PostPosted by Tennyson » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:12 pm

Creepy? Assange? Not at all - very appealing to women of all ages, I should think. That pale baby-face looking warily from the back of a police van will be one of the abiding photos of 2010. (Second only to Camilla being poked with a stick in the back of a vintage Rolls Royce, obviously.)

Cool Yule, everybody, in case I don't log on again until after the 25th. And thanks to Crooked for keeping this highly intellectual messageboard going. We love you daaaaaaahling.

Reminder for New Year: 2011 is 25th anniversary of making of 'W&I'. God, what happened to the last quarter-century ...?
Tennyson

PostPosted by McFuck » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:11 am

25 years? definitely the year for a trip to London! :thumbup:
McFuck

PostPosted by crooked » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:34 am

Has there ever been a year when you aren't 'coming to London'?
ImageImageImage
crooked
Site Admin

PostPosted by haveyougotsoup » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:03 pm

crooked wrote:Has there ever been a year when you aren't 'coming to London'?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Chin Chin Soupy.
Chin Chin Soupy.

haveyougotsoup

PostPosted by Withwine and I » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:33 pm

Tennyson wrote:God, what happened to the last quarter-century ...?

Me...
They found him wandering round Regent's Park with a cheap bottle of sherry...

And like a fool I mixed them and it strangled up my mind, and now people just get uglier and I have no sense of time...
Withwine and I

PostPosted by McFuck » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:47 am

crooked wrote:Has there ever been a year when you aren't 'coming to London'?

the best laid plans are often ruined by lack of cash.
McFuck

PostPosted by crooked » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:19 am

Well you haven't got long before society starts to collapse, the powers that be stage an alien invasion and form one wold government which removes any remaining illusion of freedom. So chop, chop.
ImageImageImage
crooked
Site Admin

PostPosted by Tennyson » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:58 am

We don't need an evil totalitarian government to fupp us up: bad weather will do. I spent two-and-a-half hours up a ladder yesterday afternoon, hairdrier in one hand and chisel in the other, hacking ice off my pipes. This heroic effort removed external ice but they're still chocka inside.

Given up now, just glad to get off the ladder alive.

PS I live in England, not Siberia.
Tennyson

PostPosted by McFuck » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:57 am

it has been an unusually cold winter! and I hate winter!

McFuck

PreviousNext

Return to News and politics, man