Turkeys voting for christmas

A place for discussing news articles, politics and more serious issues.

Turkeys voting for christmas

PostPosted by oomska » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:06 pm

To highlight the recent shootings again in the US of innocent members of the public and Gabrielle Gifford, isn`t it so ironic as she did recently vote against any gun control laws which obviously allow any unstable individual in the US to go into a Walmart or any other $$$ hungry outlet and purchase guns and ammunition and go out into the unsuspecting community and play Russian roulette with peoples lives.

If Mrs Gifford was a turkey she would undoubtedly raise an uncaring wing and vote for christmas.
.`. `. .

.`.
oomska
Formerly wicksy42

Re: Turkeys voting for christmas

PostPosted by McFuck » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:00 am

God forbid someone should violate anyone's 2nd amendment rights and take away their guns. We have a right to bear arms, and a right to arm bears. I don't own a gun and I won't - until the zombies arrive.

There are lots of people who own guns and NEVER EVER shoot another human being. It's just the nutcases that get all the press.
Don't attempt anything without the gloves.
McFuck

PostPosted by The Purveyor » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:58 pm

And look at gun crime in the US.

Gun laws are very strict in the UK - and we have among the best statistics for gun crime in the world.

I think that may tell people something.
"Will we never be set free?"
The Purveyor
I guessed the selling price of Sleddale
I guessed the selling price of Sleddale

PostPosted by oomska » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:04 pm

And its not even the high school geeks, phsycos, loners, drunks, fame obsessives, weirdos, schitzophrenics, manic depressives or Elmer fudds that are doing the shooting, lets spare a thought for the 15 accidental deaths per day in the US from children finding their mums and dads arsenal of weapons and playing cowboys and the vastly misunderstood and discriminated against injuns and blowing eachothers brains out all over the dry wall.
Last edited by oomska on Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.`. `. .

.`.
oomska
Formerly wicksy42

PostPosted by McFuck » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:47 pm

That's just plain irresponsibility on the part of the parents. I come from a gun-toting family and no one's shot anyone - yet. However, there was a suicide or three. Two used guns, one did not.

I support stricter gun control, but someone intent on killing will always find a way. Maybe stricter control of crazy people???
Don't attempt anything without the gloves.
McFuck

PostPosted by jeff wode » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:12 am

yeah but its also a pretty good example of darwenism by proxy. that is, if you dont personally remove the 'stupid' genes from the collective gene pool, then you make sure that the next generation of 'stupid' genes remove themselves. sad but just as effective.
jeff wode

PostPosted by Withwine and I » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:46 am

Define someone 'intent on killing' - if we accept that as a fully committed and premeditated murder, in the generally accepted rather than the strictly legal sense, then perhaps there is a valid point that they will always find a way, however I would contend that most murders do not happen in that way. In the majority of incidences of murder there is a passion or emotional state that leads to the well known 'heat of the moment' - if we accept the premise that murder is mostly committed in an emotional state then it follows that availability of means greatly assists capacity, and so there are more likely to be murders if things like guns are around.
Withwine and I

Return to News and politics, man