Progress at Sleddale Hall

Post your pics and stories of your visits to the various locations from the film.

Re: Progress at Sleddale Hall

PostPosted by Tim » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:13 pm

I've just posted some pictures of the Picnic Cinema film shows under the WITHNAIL & I TO BE SHOWN AT SLEDDALE HALL tag.

Here are some photographs showing progress to the house and outbuildings with apologies for not being able to copy the pictures at a sensible size.

The boarding has been removed from the cart shed doors and window openings to the cart shed (building to the right) and wash-house (building to the left) and new windows fitted to both:

The boarding has also been removed from the doors to the stables and the window which I've re-glazed. The last board covers a window which I hope to repair and re-glaze during my next trip. Then, with the help of some warm weather, I'll undercoat the joinery and give it a couple of coats of gloss. I plan to fit weatherboards to the doors to tidy up those ragged bottom edges.

I've now rebuilt the steps leading to the front door and need to have a piece of stone cut to fit the extended landing. I have to give thanks to the 'Liverpool Lads' for helping me to shift that top step, on to the landing, and to Dave, Lukas and Matt for helping me get it back in to position under Emma's watchful eye.

The sun was shining when I left!

Well, I suppose that's it for a while. Progress is at my pace now and that's leisurely. There's still quite a bit to be done but I'm getting there.

As always, if anyone would like to see inside the house, please send me an email: sleddalehall@btinternet.com and if I can be at the house to show you around I will be pleased to do so.

Tim
Tim

PostPosted by Making Time » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:33 pm

Tim, you've got to be one of the nicest people I've never met. You're so cool, and you're doing such a great job with "Crow Crag" - I love the way you're keeping it as original as possible, keeping the feel of the place. I also love that you host movie showings and invite people to be part of the place. The very next time I'm across the pond, I'm going to try and meet up with you and see the place in person. It's a dream, it's a goal. Chin-chin!
... followed by yet another anecdote about his sensitive crimes in a punt with a chap called Norman, who had red hair and a book of poetry stained with the butter drips from crumpets.
Making Time

PostPosted by oomska » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:39 am

Tim wrote:

I've now rebuilt the steps leading to the front door and need to have a piece of stone cut to fit the extended landing. I have to give thanks to the 'Liverpool Lads' for helping me to shift that top step, on to the landing, and to Dave, Lukas and Matt for helping me get it back in to position under Emma's watchful eye.

Cheers Tim for the gi-masive Crow crag updates and the mention, though we much favour the antwacky phrase "four lads from Liverpool" http://youtu.be/9c4UZgv1Ft4 .... We would though wouldn't we though.

Together with Emma`s eye I`m hoping you have customarily buried a small spell jar full of bodily fluids, hair and other hocus pocus related items under that Hernia busting sandstone step for future good luck and to ward off any feeble minded spirits ... especially from Whitehaven.
.`. `. .

.`.
oomska
Formerly wicksy42

PostPosted by Making Time » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:51 pm

Who's this Emma, when she's at home? :?:
... followed by yet another anecdote about his sensitive crimes in a punt with a chap called Norman, who had red hair and a book of poetry stained with the butter drips from crumpets.
Making Time

Previous

Return to Locations, see?