MONTY`S CAT

General chat about the film.

MONTY`S CAT

PostPosted by oomska » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:24 pm

This is really bugging me now, What name would Monty have given to this theatrical cat ?

I reckon Monty called it Hesketh for no reason than he just looks like a Hesketh, and it has a posh face, I bet during filming it demanded its own trailer with salmon flavoured catnip, Garfield and Topcat videos on demand and a fur lined litter tray.

oomska
Formerly wicksy42

Re: MONTY`S CAT

PostPosted by McFuck » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:37 am

:lol:
Don't attempt anything without the gloves.
McFuck

PostPosted by Wrigglesworth » Mon May 09, 2011 10:50 pm

Hmm ..i think it might have been called Harvey. Same - not for any particular reason. Just looks like Harvey :wine:
Wrigglesworth

PostPosted by McFuck » Tue May 10, 2011 4:07 pm

perhaps something Shakespearean?
Don't attempt anything without the gloves.
McFuck

PostPosted by bastard behind the eyes » Sat May 14, 2011 10:31 pm

I think it could be Heston or perhaps, no, now I think a little more, I am convinced it must have been Aethelred.
Yes, certainly and without a doubt it was.
bastard behind the eyes

PostPosted by Withwine and I » Sun May 15, 2011 6:16 pm

Taking some terrible odds on Caliban.
Withwine and I

PostPosted by oomska » Mon May 16, 2011 6:51 pm

On second thoughts, as my fist thoughts are always pretty shite, Monty may have named his eradite cat Netanyahu, as he was a dreadfull little Israelite too. Yes ok I know Golda Meir was in power back then but I could just picture Monty standing at his back entry door ( no pun intended ) calling out to Netanyahu in his boistrous overzealous theatrical voice to come in for his Kit e Kat.

Just as an aside, I just cannot believe he/she did not even get a mention in the W&I credits, definately up there with the cat acting greats like Mr Bigglesworth and Blofeld`s white persian pussy who`s name to this day still remains shrouded in mist and mystery and not to mention the nations favourite Timmy thuddybonks III or even Meowserkins fluffball IV, ok I made them 2 up just for good measure type thing. ok, thing
oomska
Formerly wicksy42

PostPosted by jeff wode » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:02 am

as a homosexual in the era of repression and only 2 years after the decriminalisation of homosexuality, i suspect that monty would have looked to a more recent literary inspiration for his pet. i suspect that had he named it, the cat would have been named Oscar, after Oscar Wilde.
jeff wode

PostPosted by HE Bates » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:20 pm

Charlie.
HE Bates

PostPosted by jeff wode » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:13 am

ha ha, a flash of inspiration and ive got the perfect name for montys pampered pussycat. and its been staring us all in the face for so long, its quite literally perfect!! remembering the love that monty himself displays for the arts, his moggy couldnt be better named than 'Fellini'!!!!
jeff wode

PostPosted by Wrigglesworth » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:07 pm

Tiddles? Someone should really ask Bruce Robinson to settle this
Wrigglesworth

PostPosted by Making Time » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:18 am

jeff wode wrote:as a homosexual in the era of repression and only 2 years after the decriminalisation of homosexuality, i suspect that monty would have looked to a more recent literary inspiration for his pet. i suspect that had he named it, the cat would have been named Oscar, after Oscar Wilde.

I'm with jeff wode on this one. I also love Oscar Wilde, so I'm all in favor of it. Then again, Monty was crazy about produce, so the cat's name may have been "Hugo Cucumber". :lol: :lol: :lol:
... followed by yet another anecdote about his sensitive crimes in a punt with a chap called Norman, who had red hair and a book of poetry stained with the butter drips from crumpets.
Making Time

Return to Withnail and I