Ads

Vent spleen here.

Ads

PostPosted by Silage Heap » Tue May 17, 2011 4:00 pm

'By the way, if anyone here is in advertising or marketing, kill yourself. Kill yourselves, seriously. You are the ruiner of all things good. No, this is not a joke. "There's gonna be a joke coming..." There's no fucking joke coming, you are Satan's spawn, filling the world with bile and garbage, you are fucked and you are fucking us, kill yourselves, it's the only way to save your fucking soul. Kill yourself, kill yourself now. Now, back to the show.' - Bill Hicks

Sorry, I think I've just been told to 'go compaaare!' one too many times.
Silage Heap

Re: Ads

PostPosted by shagsack » Wed May 18, 2011 10:11 pm

I know exactly what you mean, but those despicable ads are not as bad as the truly soul-destroying 'Halifax' ads. I'm glad I don't watch much TV.
shagsack

PostPosted by crooked » Wed May 18, 2011 10:21 pm

They're gonna taste great!
ImageImageImage
crooked
Site Admin

PostPosted by Silage Heap » Fri May 20, 2011 10:04 am

On a related note, I see there is another toothbrush out that gets rid of EVEN MORE plaque from your teeth. So, if the ads are to be believed and each toothbrush that comes out is so much better than the one that came before it... then 10 years ago we must have all been using a twig with some cat hairs glued to it to clean our teeth.

I'm confused (.com)
Silage Heap

PostPosted by Withwine and I » Fri May 20, 2011 10:15 pm

Nah, it's just a diminishing returns curve. The twig with the cat hair gets rid of about fifty percent of plaque, a normal everyday toothbrush from ten years ago gets rid of 99%, we keep adding a decimal place and another nine to the amount we get rid of and we're still getting rid of more, it's just a miniscule amount more.
Withwine and I

Return to Rants