Withnail and I,. The Novel.

Talk about Bruce Robinson here.

PostPosted by Parkin » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:05 pm

:lol: ,..

So didn't you enjoy his book then ??
Parkin

Re: Withnail and I,. The Novel.

PostPosted by onceuponatyne » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:59 pm

Has anyone else read the screenplay through?

There's some absolutely fantastic Robinson writing in there that, due to the nature of a screenplay, doesn't make it into the film. I love the descriptions he uses:

"A load of weather on the roof. A large fire in the grate. Marwood is stirring in the kettle. Fishes something out."

Legendary.
onceuponatyne

Re: Withnail and I,. The Novel.

PostPosted by Making Time » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:13 pm

I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I have two copies of the screenplay (different covers) and I carry one around with me at all times. I must read that thing at least two or three times a month. I love it for the added scene descriptions, which are all as mental as the dialogue - just great stuff! People at work think I've gone 'round the bend, what with my Withnail mug, sitting next to my Withnail screenplay, as I sit there in my Withnail shirt... but most of them are just American sheep, and have no idea what they're missing. :roll:
... followed by yet another anecdote about his sensitive crimes in a punt with a chap called Norman, who had red hair and a book of poetry stained with the butter drips from crumpets.
Making Time

Previous

Return to The Writer/Director