another trip to sleddale

Post your pics and stories of your visits to the various locations from the film.

another trip to sleddale

PostPosted by jeff wode » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:35 pm

was working in cumbria again yesterday, and decided to have my lunch overlooking sleddale as i was passing on the way back, the reservoir was almost half empty with the level well down below ive ever seen it. they were doing some work on the dam so that would explain it. some old farm walls are visible that havent seen daylight in a while! so i took a few snaps and thought id post em here.

theres been a bit of logging in the valley too, one small copse has been completely logged out and is just a scrubby patch of stumps, the logs are piled at the side of the road.

"imagine the size of his balls!"
jeff wode

Re: another trip to sleddale

PostPosted by jeff wode » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:37 pm

jeff wode

PostPosted by jeff wode » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:40 pm

jeff wode

PostPosted by jeff wode » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:42 pm

jeff wode

PostPosted by haveyougotsoup » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:14 am

Excellent work.
Chin Chin Soupy. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Chin Chin Soupy.

haveyougotsoup

PostPosted by oomska » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:24 pm

Not seen the reservoir at that level since 2010, much prefer to see the valley as it originally was though, I see United Utilities lumberjacks or even lumbergills (trying to be politically correct there) have been out with their chainsaws again, the whole area of woodland by the Sleddale track disappeared last August, I didnt think there was much left to chop down, though will make good fuel & wood supplies for this year, shhhh 8)

Jeff, next time I am up, If I see a hairy biker in the car park eating Al fresco I MITiE decide to gatecrash the party. :roll:
.`. `. .

.`.
oomska
Formerly wicksy42

PostPosted by jeff wode » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:09 am

im back up there either friday or next monday i think. its a good drive back down the a6, im bored of the motorway. ive done too many winter trips over shap in the snow and fucking hurricanes! when youve seen one lorry on its side, youve seen em all!!
jeff wode

Return to Locations, see?