Phone box phone book, what next!

Post your pics and stories of your visits to the various locations from the film.

Phone box phone book, what next!

PostPosted by oomska » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:42 pm

Like a mad librarian that has just eaten some bath salts I thought it would be an idea to install a phone book in the phone box on a recent trip to Haweswater, akin to the guest books left at Sleddale, so lets see what mauve comments all the visiting understudy's leave, though time may be running out for visits as BT are selling off all the iconic red phone boxes due to the invention of something or other called the mobile phone. :roll:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/04 ... 58199.html :x

So if you want to dial this number 01931713229 and teleport directly into the phone box Matrix style be my guest, though teleportation reassembly of atoms is not guaranteed and you may get assimilated with the local chickens that hang around the phone box waiting for a call from big Bernard who allegedly has a thing for easy lay poultry. :D

Or even what about crank calling the locals? :P

Hello? Hello? Hello? Hello? How dare you! Fuck you.

I've already put two shilling pieces in. No I havn't got another.
.`. `. .

.`.
oomska
Formerly wicksy42

Re: Phone box phone book, what next!

PostPosted by McFuck » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:21 am

well done! wish I could afford a phone box.
Don't attempt anything without the gloves.
McFuck

PostPosted by oomska » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:53 pm

McFuck wrote:well done! wish I could afford a phone box.

Mcfuck, if you had one what would you do with it? :lol:

Just a few ideas here, which just goes to prove that the British must be top of the eccentric league, and obviously all have our own butlers and take high tea when the grandfather clock strikes exactly 7 o`clock :wink:

http://www.countryfile.com/countryside/ ... hone-boxes

Apparently locals can buy their own red phone box for just one pound as long as it is maintained by the local community, so next time I visit I will make a point of asking the situation with Withnail`s box.

Btw, I hope Crooked does not mind me advertising the forum on the inside page of the phone book?
.`. `. .

.`.
oomska
Formerly wicksy42

PostPosted by crooked » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:32 pm

oomska wrote:Btw, I hope Crooked does not mind me advertising the forum on the inside page of the phone book?

Not at all. The opposite in fact.
ImageImageImage
crooked
Site Admin

PostPosted by McFuck » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:39 pm

I think I would install it in my garden and use it as a greenhouse.

I remember seeing a news article somewhere where someone was using it as the world's smallest library.
McFuck

PostPosted by oomska » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:19 pm

McFuck wrote:I think I would install it in my garden and use it as a greenhouse.

I remember seeing a news article somewhere where someone was using it as the world's smallest library.

A greehouse! Do you grrrow? sorry that was all I could think of.

I saw that library, well more of a book shelf really, someone even turned theirs into a toilet, though think we have all done that at some point :oops:

If i had an iconic red phone box I think I would turn it into a de lux shower cubicle or secondly a civil defense secret nuclear missile lauch pad, whichever is easiest. :P

If BT do decide to sell off Withnail`s box this could work in our favour, as we could ask the locals if we the fans could buy it for one pound and then we could then turn it into a proper movie location shrine type thing securing its place in movie location memorabilia history, though maybe My uniquely spirited mentality is eggagerating too much again :oops: .
.`. `. .

.`.
oomska
Formerly wicksy42

PostPosted by McFuck » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:11 pm

oomska wrote:If BT do decide to sell off Withnail`s box this could work in our favour, as we could ask the locals if we the fans could buy it for one pound and then we could then turn it into a proper movie location shrine type thing securing its place in movie location memorabilia history.

Now that's a good idea! Since access to Crow Crag may be limited, we need a place to bow and scrape and tug our forelocks.
McFuck

PostPosted by oomska » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:41 am

McFuck wrote:
oomska wrote:If BT do decide to sell off Withnail`s box this could work in our favour, as we could ask the locals if we the fans could buy it for one pound and then we could then turn it into a proper movie location shrine type thing securing its place in movie location memorabilia history.

Now that's a good idea! Since access to Crow Crag may be limited, we need a place to bow and scrape and tug our forelocks.

I`ve had a good idea, :thumbup: but it was just off the top of my head :lol:

I want out.

I went too far too soon. I didn't know what I was getting into, Mcfuck. I didn't know you had to follow up a good idea with loads more good ideas. I'm sorry Mcfuck. I'm going to sleep in the spare room :wink:
.`. `. .

.`.
oomska
Formerly wicksy42

PostPosted by McFuck » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:42 pm

:lol:
McFuck

PostPosted by oomska » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:25 am

So anybody had the balls to ring the number yet?

Then again I hate that modern saying, balls as we blokes all know are the most sensitive piece of anatomy in the whole universe and must be defended at all costs, whereas a ladies front bum can take one hell of a hammering at all hours of the day or night. :D

So actually I declare the new saying (listen up Jeremy) should be "Grow a fanny" I'm right, I'm right, am I right? :wink:
.`. `. .

.`.
oomska
Formerly wicksy42

PostPosted by oomska » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:31 pm

These lads did great road trip of the locations, definately how it should be done (doths cap at a jaunty angle and rings its out) .....looks like the phone book is filling up nicely :thumbup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IgoJLWF ... t=18m01sec
.`. `. .

.`.
oomska
Formerly wicksy42

PostPosted by VimUnderTheSink » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:08 am

oomska wrote:These lads did great road trip of the locations, definately how it should be done (doths cap at a jaunty angle and rings its out) .....looks like the phone book is filling up nicely :thumbup:

Cracking film by a cracking bunch of lads. Really, really, REALLY upset about the gate being replaced though. What the f*ck were they thinking?!
VimUnderTheSink

PostPosted by oomska » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:27 am

VimUnderTheSink wrote:
oomska wrote:These lads did great road trip of the locations, definately how it should be done (doths cap at a jaunty angle and rings its out) .....looks like the phone book is filling up nicely :thumbup:

Cracking film by a cracking bunch of lads. Really, really, REALLY upset about the gate being replaced though. What the f*ck were they thinking?!

Exactly ... not only did the gate get replaced it now opens in the wrong direction, tsk, though the local farmer type who is very friendly always seems to appear from out of thin air when fans visit (a bit like the shopkeeper in Mr Benn minus the fez but plus the wellies) ... sideways smiley face with a wink.
.`. `. .

.`.
oomska
Formerly wicksy42

PostPosted by oomska » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:51 am

I heard the notice board that is set next to the phone box will be auctioned off on Ebay in May ... though the board has been replaced long since the film crew departed its memorabilia status has been downgraded to a level 2 ... so would be more economically sound to buy the Holy Stone of Clonrichert which has been upgraded to a level 1 :think: :-?

Any takers :?:
http://www.cwherald.com/archive/archive ... 401707.htm
.`. `. .

.`.
oomska
Formerly wicksy42

Return to Locations, see?