WITHNAIL AND I TO BE SHOWN AT SLEDDALE HALL

A place to come and say hello and hang around and converse.

Re: WITHNAIL AND I TO BE SHOWN AT SLEDDALE HALL

PostPosted by Wrigglesworth » Sun May 18, 2014 8:35 pm

Looks great. Might go to this
Wrigglesworth

PostPosted by Tim » Fri May 30, 2014 11:53 am

Whilst tickets have sold out for the Friday and Saturday film screenings, there are still tickets left for Thursday the 3rd of July.

Here's a link if anyone's interested:

www.picniccinema.co.uk/withnail-at-sleddale-hall

I will post some photo's of the event and of the house in July.
Tim

PostPosted by Wrigglesworth » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:23 pm

Got my tickets. Annoying set up with there being an odd number of tickets left on the Saturday (1 :roll: ). Looking forward to going. Hope it doesn't piss down
Wrigglesworth

PostPosted by Wrigglesworth » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:41 pm

What a total fucking wash out last night was. Imagine the scene when W&I arrive at Crow Crag ...it was like that! :roll:

Put the tent up. Got soaked. Inside of the tent was piss wet. Decided not to be boring bastirds and have a walk up to the house. Got soaked. The girl at the style asked if we had our ticket for food *flash back to the tickets left in the car glove box* ...give me strength! That was the final straw.

I'm sure people had a good time (in the pissing down rain and wind) but it was definitely not for me. I enjoy the film but have no desire to live it. Totally gutted :cry:
Wrigglesworth

PostPosted by McFuck » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:36 am

sorry to hear about it. not a fan of rain either.
Don't attempt anything without the gloves.
McFuck

PostPosted by Wrigglesworth » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:56 pm

Exactly. Bad weather is never pleasant to be caught in. And yet people are posting on the event FB page saying how great an evening it was. Obviously i'm a glass half empty type.
Wrigglesworth

PostPosted by Withwine and I » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:51 pm

Some people do like to live it. Gonzo film watching style.
They found him wandering round Regent's Park with a cheap bottle of sherry...

And like a fool I mixed them and it strangled up my mind, and now people just get uglier and I have no sense of time...
Withwine and I

PostPosted by Terrible Cunt! » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:04 pm

We had a delightfully weekend in the country. We arrived in the piss wet rain on Friday...literally everything got soaked. We however got wasted on fine wine and bourbon. The film showing was hampered by the fucking hurricane...the food served was good but the rain and wind was fuking dreadful... After around 4 hours sleep we thankfully awoke to glorious sunshine and we were able to dry everything out. Saturday was brilliant...boozing all day in the sun. With punk rock on the stereo. Tim very kindly showed us around sleddale hall which was amazing to see. We got incredibly drunk bought lots of Withnail and I craft beer...the viewing was absolutely perfect...just what I had hoped for...after the film we bought a bin bag full of booze from the bar and then I nearly killed my self. I slipped going back to the campsite and tumbled down the mountain side at high velocity....thankfully only one beer smashed. Today was rough driving back...however we did visit the phone box and found the exact spot of the "I'm going to be a star!" Scene which again was amazing to see in the flesh....home now and will defiantly be going if it happens again next year....absolutely incredible weekend even with the hurricane on Friday....its all part of growing up!
Terrible Cunt!

PostPosted by Wrigglesworth » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:12 pm

Hmm.. thing is most people just looked at me blankly when I originally told them about camping and the Withnail link. When it was looking like rain they looked at me like I was mad. And rightly so. But it's Withnail and I, and to those who aren't in the know it's too much of a pain in the arse to explain. However, I just couldn't get my head around people apparently enjoying the same conditions that were making me miserable, cold and wet. Maybe they had superior waterproofs. :|

Anyway, glad some folk enjoyed it i guess. I knew some would. Wish I had gone on the Saturday :roll:
Wrigglesworth

PostPosted by Tim » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:53 pm

I promised some photo's in July and here they are.

Rehearsals by the Eden Arts team on Thursday (the 3rd of July) afternoon:

The audience arriving and making themselves comfortable in the courtyard in eager anticipation of the entertainment to come:

Is that Uncle Monty I see before me? The sky is beginning to bruise... The Friday show was a bit on the soggy side.

At least it was dry on Saturday:

The view from the back seats. That's Geoff Wode in the stripey top.

Forced to camp in the adjoining field; I counted forty tents:

Withnail themed beers from Eden Brewery and very good they were too:

I have posted some updates showing works to the buildings under the Progress at Sleddale Hall tag.
Tim

PostPosted by Making Time » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:28 pm

Oh, Tim... I would have given my thumbs (gone weird) to have been there! Thanks for the ENORMOUS pictures - it's almost like being there in person! :lol: Heading over to see the upgrades on Sleddale Hall next!
... followed by yet another anecdote about his sensitive crimes in a punt with a chap called Norman, who had red hair and a book of poetry stained with the butter drips from crumpets.
Making Time

PostPosted by McFuck » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:00 pm

I love the beers! :thumbup: :beer:
Don't attempt anything without the gloves.
McFuck

PostPosted by Tim » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:30 pm

Eden Brewery sets world record at Sleddale Hall!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEDezQiCybQ
Tim

Previous

Return to The Crow and Crown