Stockers Farm

Post your pics and stories of your visits to the various locations from the film.

Stockers Farm

PostPosted by VimUnderTheSink » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:36 am

Hello, I've spent some time reading the location threads and looking at the many pics of Sleddale Hall, the phone box, the bridge, the gate, Ma Parkin's, etc.

But I can find very little on Stockers Farm, which is supposed to have been the location for the Crow and Crown pub and both Crow Crag bedrooms.

I've Googled the farm and it appears to have been in plenty of shows and films - everything from Ashes to Ashes and Black Beauty to Bridget Jones and Dick Turpin.

But I can find no interior shots - and that's what I'd love to see. What do those three rooms look like now?

So, I just wondered if any of you had ever made the pilgrimage to Rickmansworth, Herts, to have a look. And, if so, were you able to get a peep inside?
VimUnderTheSink

Re: Stockers Farm

PostPosted by The Purveyor » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:12 pm

It would be a long way to go, without any certainty of getting in. I would imagine it's private property.
"Will we never be set free?"
The Purveyor
I guessed the selling price of Sleddale

PostPosted by jeff wode » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:16 pm

iirc the rooms dont exist. stockers farm is as youve said frequently used. not because its an actual farm, but because its a studio where they can mock up indoor sets for film and tv. chances are that the only thing remaining is the images in the film. they will have just built them up for the film, ditto the pub interior, and then taken it all to bits again afterwards.
"imagine the size of his balls!"
jeff wode

PostPosted by The Purveyor » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:33 pm

jeff wode wrote:iirc the rooms dont exist. stockers farm is as youve said frequently used. not because its an actual farm, but because its a studio where they can mock up indoor sets for film and tv. chances are that the only thing remaining is the images in the film. they will have just built them up for the film, ditto the pub interior, and then taken it all to bits again afterwards.

How do you know this? And if that was the case, why didn't they use... wasn't it Shepperton (which was used for the police station)? Thinking about it, they would have had to build a staircase too. Because of this, I still think Stockers Farm may have the original bedrooms upstairs.
"Will we never be set free?"
The Purveyor

Return to Locations, see?