Help!

A place for discussing news articles, politics and more serious issues.

Help!

PostPosted by Withwine and I » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:19 pm

I voted Labour in the thing today because it was the least bad and I don't want the Tories being even more in charge of things, then I got home, turned on the radio and Tony Blair was on it! I think I may have been tricked into re-electing him, that wasn't the plan!
They found him wandering round Regent's Park with a cheap bottle of sherry...

And like a fool I mixed them and it strangled up my mind, and now people just get uglier and I have no sense of time...
Withwine and I

Re: Help!

PostPosted by haveyougotsoup » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:50 pm

Bollox to voting! They're all bent. Bloody filth.
Chin Chin Soupy.

haveyougotsoup

PostPosted by crooked » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:50 pm

To participate in the so called "democratic" process is to accept and encourage the status quo. No matter who the two or three candidates are, there is one force controlling them all.
ImageImageImage
crooked
Site Admin

PostPosted by haveyougotsoup » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:45 pm

crooked wrote:To participate in the so called "democratic" process is to accept and encourage the status quo. No matter who the two or three candidates are, there is one force controlling them all.

What he said. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Chin Chin Soupy.

haveyougotsoup

PostPosted by Withwine and I » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:54 am

I do agree, but eh, would rather it not be the conservative woman, there's a reason.

And like a fool I mixed them and it strangled up my mind, and now people just get uglier and I have no sense of time...
Withwine and I

PostPosted by oomska » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:21 pm

Ive heard it was a very low turn out .... so it was you who placed the one vote....

Though why anybody would participate in this farce of an election is beyond me, looks like the average turnout was around 16% but if even just one vote is cast for one particular candidate then he/she has won, but when it comes to a union vote your loyal caring government has made it law that there has to be a minimum of 20% turnout, DONT YOU JUST LOVE DEMOCRATIC FAIRNESS :thumbdown:

Now this whole thread has just fuckin depressed me ...Im off to Dignitas for a pint :beer:
.`. `. .

.`.
oomska
Formerly wicksy42

PostPosted by McFuck » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:52 am

Mr Wolfe tells me that voting is compulsory down under, or you pay a $50 fine.
Don't attempt anything without the gloves.
McFuck

PostPosted by crooked » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:49 am

I would just draw an ejaculating penis on the ballot paper.
ImageImageImage
crooked
Site Admin

PostPosted by oomska » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:33 pm

crooked wrote:I would just draw an ejaculating penis on the ballot paper.

I would normally find that funny and just to prove it here is my pale smiley face, but as the admin for the erection, sorry election cost you and I (THE TAX PAYER) up to £75million and then another £85k each per annum for the 41 erected commissioners (for four years), then I start to think we have all just been ejaculated on .... another swift half please matron. :roll:
.`. `. .

.`.
oomska
Formerly wicksy42

PostPosted by McFuck » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:07 pm

who/what is it you're voting for anyway?
McFuck

PostPosted by Withwine and I » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:20 pm

Stupid new idea to have elected police commissioners. About 15% of the people who could vote voted, and 3% (of the people who could vote, not of the fifteen) spoiled their ballots. It's a pointless waste of money and the fucking Tory still got in where I live.

Withwine and I

PostPosted by Silage Heap » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:52 pm

True, our "democratic" system is an absolute joke. Choosing the most convincing liar every 4 years does not a democracy make.
BUT there needs to be an alternative. Not voting and hoping it will all go away just means the morons who do vote have free reign to ensure their friends in the Conservative party get in.
Recognising voting as a sham is one thing, but apathy won't do any more good than voting Labour (hello, Mr Blair! We seem to have forgotten how much we hated you). Things are just getting ridiculous. HEADS MUST ROLL!

(I'll be back when I've finished my jail sentence for inciting violent disorder... :roll:)
Right lads!
Pack your bags
And come aboard as we hoist the Black Flag...
Silage Heap

PostPosted by jeff wode » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:51 am

my objection to the poice comissioners vote aside from the fucking idea of voting another level of non productive beurocracy into place is that it is blatantly obvious that it will be a political weapon in elections. police comissioners who are from a poliical party tha has financed their campaign and election are NOT impartial. they are elected on a political platform, and therefore have a political agenda. it also lets the government off the hook when someone fucks up, because the buck used to stop with the home secretary, but the next time there is a major police scandal, even if it is a scandal linked to govt policy, you watch the relative police comissioner being used as a human shield to keep all the flying shit from reaching whitehall, even moreso if that person is from the wrong party!
"imagine the size of his balls!"
jeff wode

PostPosted by HE Bates » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:57 pm

Well the first thing I want to say is: Mandate my ass...

http://youtu.be/sLtRHN7fsgY
...drinking cider, discussing butter
HE Bates

PostPosted by McFuck » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:56 pm

and the O'Bamas are off to Hawaii for 3 weeks while we teeter on the edge of the 'fiscal cliff'.

btw I heard their little holiday is costing us $4 mil. Fuckers will rue the day!
McFuck

Next

Return to News and politics, man