Postcard set

Talk about the DVD and VHS releases, posters and other merchandise related to the film.

Postcard set

PostPosted by The Purveyor » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:30 pm

Just spotted on eBay. Very enterprising - but a limited market, surely!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WITHNAIL-AND- ... 530wt_1170
"Will we never be set free?"
The Purveyor
I guessed the selling price of Sleddale
I guessed the selling price of Sleddale

Re: Postcard set

PostPosted by haveyougotsoup » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:53 pm

He's been flogging them on the bay for months.
Chin Chin Soupy.

haveyougotsoup

PostPosted by Withwine and I » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:22 pm

The picture is too small. Anyway, seem to be a fair amount of films and whatnot they do postcards of. If you only need to do a print run when you get an order and you have the means of production set up then it would be a fairly small amount of labour necessary to create a new product (which one could disguise as a holiday) and the larger your range the greater the market, and once the initial outlay's spent... Why not have Withnail and anything else you can think of? (Although I do wonder about the intellectual property aspect of it.)
They found him wandering round Regent's Park with a cheap bottle of sherry...

And like a fool I mixed them and it strangled up my mind, and now people just get uglier and I have no sense of time...
Withwine and I

PostPosted by VimUnderTheSink » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:23 am

Withwine and I wrote:The picture is too small. Anyway, seem to be a fair amount of films and whatnot they do postcards of. If you only need to do a print run when you get an order and you have the means of production set up then it would be a fairly small amount of labour necessary to create a new product (which one could disguise as a holiday) and the larger your range the greater the market, and once the initial outlay's spent... Why not have Withnail and anything else you can think of? (Although I do wonder about the intellectual property aspect of it.)

Without permission, it would be breach of copyright (Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988). But then some of us using photos for avatars and such would also be a breach, even if we're not gaining financially. Thank you, fuck you, how dare you.
VimUnderTheSink

PostPosted by Withwine and I » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:19 am

You would appear to be correct regarding the avatars, although apparently it's fine to take a picture of a broadcast and use it at home.

On the other hand, there's not much point suing people who aren't making any money, or publishing in such a way that it might cause you to lose any money, whereas the postcards are making money.

Cool act, I like the bit about recording folk songs.
They found him wandering round Regent's Park with a cheap bottle of sherry...

And like a fool I mixed them and it strangled up my mind, and now people just get uglier and I have no sense of time...
Withwine and I

PostPosted by McFuck » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:13 pm

I would never buy the postcards based on that teeny tiny photo.

And I sneer at your copyright laws. :x
Don't attempt anything without the gloves.
McFuck

Return to The Merchandise