"Behind the Scenes of TOTAL HELL"

Other films, music, TV and books

"Behind the Scenes of TOTAL HELL"

PostPosted by onceuponatyne » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:09 pm

Hi Guys,

My name is Andy Wilton, I'm an independent filmmaker from Newcastle and a massive "Withnail and I" fan. :D

On the 22nd April I release my first film, "Behind the Scenes of TOTAL HELL", FREE online. As a huge Withnail fan, I wanted to make the trailer available to the forum. I'm a long time reader, first time poster.
Trailer: http://youtu.be/KH3-xe2j9X4

It's a mockumentary about an independent film production gone wrong, and all the chaos therein.

"Withnail and I" always stood out to me for it's perfect acting, sophisticated directing and impeccable writing. Well my film has none of those things - I'm not Bruce Robinson sadly. My film however is good fun (more in tone with "SPINAL TAP" than Withnail) and was made on a budget of £1000. Norman Lovett, who plays Holly in Red Dwarf, lends his voice as our narrator.

I hope that you'll give it a butcher's and I'd like to come back with a link to the full film in April - (with admin permission). The only Withnail link is that I'm a big fan. Last year was special for me as I got to visit Sleddale Hall (thanks Tim!) and bought a piece of Withnail wallpaper on the internet. Yes indeed.

If you'd like to find out any more on the film, our official website is: http://www.btsoth.co.uk

Thanks for your support Guys,

Chin Chin! :beer:

Andy
onceuponatyne

Re: "Behind the Scenes of TOTAL HELL"

PostPosted by McFuck » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:54 am

Free to those who can afford it . . . . :lol:
Don't attempt anything without the gloves.
McFuck

PostPosted by onceuponatyne » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:18 am

McFuck wrote:Free to those who can afford it . . . . :lol:

Must be 20,000 sheep up there on those volcanos, we've got a (free film)... :D
onceuponatyne

PostPosted by crooked » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:24 pm

I hope you don't turn out to be one of those people who joins the forum, only to promote their thing and only post in its thread, completely ignoring all the other sections. :/
ImageImageImage
crooked
Site Admin

PostPosted by onceuponatyne » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:28 pm

crooked wrote:I hope you don't turn out to be one of those people who joins the forum, only to promote their thing and only post in its thread, completely ignoring all the other sections. :/

Hi Crooked. I've used the forum for years, but only in a reading sense. I've found out about Merch, locations and allsorts from you guys on here.

I actually tried a few times to register and struggled in the past. "Drainpipe" always leaving me scratching my head - it needing to be "the drainpipe" on register... I understand the need for that stuff, but it did mean that only now I sat down and persisted to getting joined up - then chasing it up too.

I'm more of a listener than a shouter - but yeah, I'd like to become part of the community. I've been making short films for 15 years and my main influence is, and always has been, Withnail. I have pretty much all the merch going - I'm a fan! :thumbup:
onceuponatyne

PostPosted by crooked » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:32 pm

Fair enough. It's always very hard to strike a balance between making it easy for real people to join and making it hard enough for spam bots to join. I get an email when someone tries to join and I have to make a snap judgement as to whether they are a real person or a robot. The easiest way to do that is when they have an obviously Withnail related name. I did suspect you might be real but didn't want to take the risk.
ImageImageImage
crooked
Site Admin

PostPosted by onceuponatyne » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:39 pm

crooked wrote:Fair enough. It's always very hard to strike a balance between making it easy for real people to join and making it hard enough for spam bots to join. I get an email when someone tries to join and I have to make a snap judgement as to whether they are a real person or a robot. The easiest way to do that is when they have an obviously Withnail related name. I did suspect you might be real but didn't want to take the risk.

I completely understand it. TBH it was more the typing in of exactly what Danny had climbed up in the past that had thwarted earlier attempts to join. That "the" is critical!
onceuponatyne

PostPosted by crooked » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:04 pm

Oh yeah I forgot about the super secret question.
ImageImageImage
crooked
Site Admin

PostPosted by Withwine and I » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:05 pm

Ingenuity man.

Would it have worked if I'd typed 'The drainpipe"? That's what I'd have typed.

Hello there.
They found him wandering round Regent's Park with a cheap bottle of sherry...

And like a fool I mixed them and it strangled up my mind, and now people just get uglier and I have no sense of time...
Withwine and I

PostPosted by onceuponatyne » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:09 pm

Withwine and I wrote:Ingenuity man.

Would it have worked if I'd typed 'The drainpipe"? That's what I'd have typed.

Hello there.

Yeah, I went with "the drainpipe" in the end. I had several attempts over a few months though... "drainpipe", "ingenuity", "ingenuity man"...

I never claimed to be smart! :!:
onceuponatyne

PostPosted by poppymoon » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:13 pm

crooked wrote:Fair enough. It's always very hard to strike a balance between making it easy for real people to join and making it hard enough for spam bots to join. I get an email when someone tries to join and I have to make a snap judgement as to whether they are a real person or a robot. The easiest way to do that is when they have an obviously Withnail related name. I did suspect you might be real but didn't want to take the risk.

You don't exactly make it a doddle to join, crooked. AND my name never appeared in "our newest member". It is a very wanky name, though.

Anyway, I'm not bitter. Here is a picture of some bitter. :beer:
poppymoon

PostPosted by onceuponatyne » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:16 pm

poppymoon wrote:

You don't exactly make it a doddle to join, crooked. AND my name never appeared in "our newest member". It is a very wanky name, though.

Anyway, I'm not bitter. Here is a picture of some bitter. :beer:

It's a sensible policy. You have to be careful, could be anyone out there. A fucking madman on the prowl, with eels (for example).
onceuponatyne

PostPosted by crooked » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:44 pm

It's hard enough that only people who really want to join manage it.
ImageImageImage
crooked
Site Admin

PostPosted by McFuck » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:46 am

I think I was born here. I don't remember any secret questions, or handshakes, or eels. :drunk:
Don't attempt anything without the gloves.
McFuck

PostPosted by crooked » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:07 am

You are literally older than the Internet.
ImageImageImage
crooked
Site Admin

Next

Return to Other Entertainment