I have opened a bookshop by mistake. In Penrith.

A place to come and say hello and hang around and converse.

I have opened a bookshop by mistake. In Penrith.

PostPosted by WithnailBooks » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:30 pm

Evening all. Just in case anyone's interested, I have opened a secondhand bookshop by mistake, in Penrith. So I had to call it Withnail Books. Do pop in to say hello next time you're spending a delightful weekend in the country.

More details at http://www.withnailbooks.com
WithnailBooks

Re: I have opened a bookshop by mistake. In Penrith.

PostPosted by crooked » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:21 am

Normally I disapprove of spam but as long as you promise to get horribly drunk every day, be rude to any potential customers, employ a strange bearded man and have a seemingly asexual but dysfunctionally flirtatious relationship with a neighbouring shopkeeper who occasionally appears in The Archers I will look the other way.
ImageImageImage
crooked
Site Admin

PostPosted by Withwine and I » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:36 am

I would have said something, but Crooked already said it.
They found him wandering round Regent's Park with a cheap bottle of sherry...

And like a fool I mixed them and it strangled up my mind, and now people just get uglier and I have no sense of time...
Withwine and I

PostPosted by WithnailBooks » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:41 am

crooked wrote:Normally I disapprove of spam but as long as you promise to get horribly drunk every day, be rude to any potential customers, employ a strange bearded man and have a seemingly asexual but dysfunctionally flirtatious relationship with a neighbouring shopkeeper who occasionally appears in The Archers I will look the other way.

Sorry to be spammy, and thanks Crooked. The above is of course all very much part of the plan. I do even know someone who occasionally appears in the Archers...
WithnailBooks

PostPosted by Withwine and I » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:53 pm

Which one? Thought they all lived in the South.
They found him wandering round Regent's Park with a cheap bottle of sherry...

And like a fool I mixed them and it strangled up my mind, and now people just get uglier and I have no sense of time...
Withwine and I

PostPosted by poppymoon » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:48 am

Sabrina Thwaite definitely lives at Grange Spinney.
poppymoon

PostPosted by WithnailBooks » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:06 pm

Withwine and I wrote:Which one? Thought they all lived in the South.

Tom Archer. Well, I know the actor's sister... And he does live dahn South...
WithnailBooks

PostPosted by HE Bates » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:29 pm

Congratulations, WithnailBooks.

Do you perhaps need an ageing live-in assistant who might be a decent cook?
...drinking cider, discussing butter
HE Bates

PostPosted by McFuck » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:03 pm

Best of luck in your business Mr Books! I share your opinion that a book in hand is much better than one on an lcd screen :cry:
Don't attempt anything without the gloves.
McFuck

PostPosted by oomska » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:11 pm

WithnailBooks wrote:Evening all. Just in case anyone's interested, I have opened a secondhand bookshop by mistake, in Penrith. So I had to call it Withnail Books. Do pop in to say hello next time you're spending a delightful weekend in the country.

More details at http://www.withnailbooks.com

Good luck to Withnailbooks on your new career venture, Now see here, I do like the Black books/Withnail connection you have there, though if Bernard and Withnail were to live together behind that secret curtain the neurotic comedy would magnify thus...

Withnail .... "We have just run out of Wine lolly`s, what are we going to do about it?"

Bernard .... "Stop with the inane grinning and the stock taking, this is serious, why was this not on Sky news, you, you listen ... I woke up with a bad hangover after sleeping awkwardly and now I think I might have a touch of arm Cancer, anyway, where is Manny?"

Withnail .... "He has run away to start a new career as a transvestite beard whore, apparently the far eastern types love that kind of thing! He told me to tell you that you will never see his wonderful follicles or his tidying skills ever again, ever, though he might call back in for some wax and his Bee swatter.

Bernard .... "Ungrateful Bastard, I grew him man and boy from an acorn and expected as much, the selfish Sloth ... though he does have some amazing body hair" ... Have you been eating chips, where are my chips, why haven`t I got chips?

Withnail .... "Fuck you, you miserable overgrown leprechaun ..... All I`ve had is a Saveloy, maybe if you did your taxes more often you could afford one anyway do you happen to have a copy of Journey`s end by H.E Bates?

Bernard .... "Get out from being in here, Leave now Plankton brain ... this is a book store not an Public information booth!"

Well you get the idea ..... No, sorry Mr Linehan I'm busy all this month. :lol:
.`. `. .

.`.
oomska
Formerly wicksy42

PostPosted by Ellietronic » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:32 pm

Awesome, antiques and books in one place, two of my favourite things. Excellent choice of career. Congratulations, I hope it's awesome for you, and if I'm ever in the area I'll definately pop in. :D :thumbup:

If you ever need a [badly experienced, barely tolerant of customers] manager to work for you, let me know.

Although I may turn up looking less like this...

...And more like this. But it'll add character to the place, right? I promise I won't be sick on your nice new rug. :mrgreen:
Ellietronic

PostPosted by WithnailBooks » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:25 pm

Thanks Oomska and Ellietronic... Bernard Black and Withnail together again for the first time. Brilliant. I wonder if Comic Relief (with Bruce Robinson's permission of course) could ever bring such a thing to pass...
WithnailBooks

PostPosted by oomska » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:59 pm

WithnailBooks wrote:Thanks Oomska and Ellietronic... Bernard Black and Withnail together again for the first time. Brilliant. I wonder if Comic Relief (with Bruce Robinson's permission of course) could ever bring such a thing to pass...

Great minds think alike .. :thumbup:
.`. `. .

.`.
oomska
Formerly wicksy42

PostPosted by Ellietronic » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:50 pm

'Great minds'... ??

Sorry, couldn't resist... :lol:
Ellietronic

Return to The Crow and Crown