I'm going for a cup of tea... d'you want one?

A place to come and say hello and hang around and converse.

Re: I'm going for a cup of tea... d'you want one?

PostPosted by Ellietronic » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:41 pm

Oops, sorry ma'am. I always assume new people on here are guys, there's not many of us lady-types on here, it's bit of a sausage fest. I've only had about 4 hours sleep in the past 48 hours too so I'm not all there. :P

I love looking at antiques but I'd be a rubbish judge of whether they're authentic or not. Clearly I'm not watching the Antiques Roadshow often enough and brushing up on my old-thing-deducting skills. I do have some antique books I know are originals though, although they're probably not worth anything. 'What A Young Wife Ought To Know', from 1908 is an interesting and hilarious read. :D
Ellietronic

PostPosted by Making Time » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:23 pm

No worries!

As for knowledge of antiques, it's something that comes over time. When I started collecting for the Wall-O-Withnail, I was determined to only buy actual vintage items. Through internet research, I learned a lot from collecctors such as tips and tricks on how to spot a fake. By trawling auction sites and online stores, I learned what the "going price" for things was... then I'd haunt ebay until I could find the good stuff on the cheap! It's turned into a very enjoyable hobby.

Regarding the guys to gals ratio here:

I do love a good sausage fest, although I prefer getting wrecked and eating a pork pie. :twisted:
... followed by yet another anecdote about his sensitive crimes in a punt with a chap called Norman, who had red hair and a book of poetry stained with the butter drips from crumpets.
Making Time

PostPosted by oomska » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:19 pm

Well done sir, oops madam, and welcome to the forum, I knew your keen eyed Withnail radar would eventually guide you in to land in on us .. By the way I Like the nickname, considering your lateness in joining then "Making time" is very apt.

Up to now I`m surprised nobody has used "Curse of the Superman" as their nickname, if I happen to die and am lucky enough to get rebirthed as somebody a bit more normal then that is what I will be using when I rejoin.

Your wall-o-Withnail is something very special, taking that hobby on is definitely not for the faint hearted, though you might have to take two jobs when you start collecting props from Monty`s place in Tavistock Crescent, If it were me collecting on my budget I would have started in the bathroom with the toilet roll.

Hope you stick around for the foreseeable future, I can hear hare hear that jukebox getting louder already.
.`. `. .

.`.
oomska
Formerly wicksy42

PostPosted by Making Time » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:42 pm

oomska wrote:Hope you stick around for the foreseeable future, I can hear hare hear that jukebox getting louder already.

Count on it - so long as the sherry holds out. :wine:
... followed by yet another anecdote about his sensitive crimes in a punt with a chap called Norman, who had red hair and a book of poetry stained with the butter drips from crumpets.
Making Time

Previous

Return to The Crow and Crown