)(*$#@&@(*#&!!

Vent spleen here.

)(*$#@&@(*#&!!

PostPosted by Making Time » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:13 pm

The CD player in my truck died. Okay, it's a 1998, so things wear down. No big deal. I call my local Ford dealership and ask about the cost of replacing a radio/CD player. They said they'd be HAPPY to replace it for me for a mere $500. BALLS TO THAT, said I.

Act I:

Went on ebay, found a large car stereo seller with great feedback, found the radio that matched my truck (they posted photos of the back and front of the radio) and also bought (from someone else) the wee wire thingies that you use to remove the radio from the dashboard. Problem solved, right? Wrong.

The silage heaps sent me the wrong radio. And then didn't want to pay for postage for the return. They said they'd be happy to pay for return postage IF I left them positive feedback FIRST. Are you kidding me?!?!? Freakin' ebay feedback extortion??? Bullshit. They assured me that they'd found the correct radio and had it set aside for me. Well, once I'd returned the wrong radio to them (they paid), they suddenly didn't have the right radio any more and said that it really cost more money than the one I'd bought, anyway. I opened a case with ebay and got my money back.

(scene fades into mist)

Act II:

Went back to ebay, found another radio that matched mine, part number and all, not a bad price, seller had good feedback, yada yada yada. Auction ad said, "worked well". Got it in the mail, went out to put it in my truck, and found that the feckin' antenna plug was completely bollocksed - rusted, with metal bent inside the port so you can't plug in the antenna. WHAT THE FUCK, PEOPLE. Yeah, "worked well" before you went and busted the antenna port, I daresay.

Just opened another case with ebay asking for a refund and I took a super-macro photo of the devastated port and uploaded it to the ebay case, so there's no way they can weasel out of it.

My heart is beating like a fucked clock. My thumbs have gone weird.

ALL I WANT IS FOR MY CD PLAYER TO WORK SO I CAN LISTEN TO MY WITHNAIL SOUNDTRACK ON THE WAY TO WORK.... IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK?!?!?!?!

I've been a buyer and seller on ebay for something like 25 years, and I have never had so much trouble with anything, ever. Is it something about people who sell car stuff? Are they all ripoff artists?

Act III:

Going to look into local salvage yards, find a flippin 1998 Ford Ranger, and get a radio that bleedin' WORKS.
... followed by yet another anecdote about his sensitive crimes in a punt with a chap called Norman, who had red hair and a book of poetry stained with the butter drips from crumpets.
Making Time

Re: )(*$#@&@(*#&!!

PostPosted by Withwine and I » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:14 am

e-Bay was around in 1988? Jesus. I did not know that.
They found him wandering round Regent's Park with a cheap bottle of sherry...

And like a fool I mixed them and it strangled up my mind, and now people just get uglier and I have no sense of time...
Withwine and I

PostPosted by crooked » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:20 pm

It started in 95.
ImageImageImage
crooked
Site Admin

PostPosted by Making Time » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:49 pm

The history of ebay wasn't really what the rant was about, and I did say "something like"... but it's good to see folks focusing on the really important point. :roll:
... followed by yet another anecdote about his sensitive crimes in a punt with a chap called Norman, who had red hair and a book of poetry stained with the butter drips from crumpets.
Making Time

PostPosted by Withwine and I » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:04 pm

Don't really know what to say, but good luck finding a replacement...
They found him wandering round Regent's Park with a cheap bottle of sherry...

And like a fool I mixed them and it strangled up my mind, and now people just get uglier and I have no sense of time...
Withwine and I

PostPosted by Making Time » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:11 pm

Thanks, Withwine. :thumbup: I'm probably a glutton for punishment, but I've just sent an inquiry to another ebay seller, asking him if the radio he's selling is really, really reaaaalllllyyyy working (his posted photos of the item look grand)... not sure if I'm ready to have another go. We'll see.
Making Time

Return to Rants