R.E.G. has a "fragrance" coming out... JACK

Talk about R.E.G, Paul McGann, Richard Griffiths and the others here

R.E.G. has a "fragrance" coming out... JACK

PostPosted by Making Time » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:46 am

Supposedly it smells like lime, marijuana, mandarin, vetiver, pepper, cloves and gardenias. I'm sort of disappointed it won't be eau de cigarette butts, with hints of empty wine bottle and ten-day-old shirt, top notes of chicken carcass, and undertones of Haig's. I also think it should have been named "Jack the Lad".

In any case, it's unlikely I'll get to smell it or wear it... it's going for £95.00!!! That's nearly $200 USD!!! WTF??? And it would be way more than that once shipping cost across the pond gets added. Sure, it comes in a nifty Union Jack bag...

but still...

I think we should go outside. I feel unusual.
... followed by yet another anecdote about his sensitive crimes in a punt with a chap called Norman, who had red hair and a book of poetry stained with the butter drips from crumpets.
Making Time

Re: R.E.G. has a "fragrance" coming out... JACK

PostPosted by Withwine and I » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:32 am

It clearly should be called 'Perfumed Ponce'.
They found him wandering round Regent's Park with a cheap bottle of sherry...

And like a fool I mixed them and it strangled up my mind, and now people just get uglier and I have no sense of time...
Withwine and I

PostPosted by Making Time » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:06 pm

R.E.G. already beat you to it on that one. He's writing a series called "Diary of a Perfumed Ponce" that's being published in installments in GQ magazine, about how he created the cologne.
... followed by yet another anecdote about his sensitive crimes in a punt with a chap called Norman, who had red hair and a book of poetry stained with the butter drips from crumpets.
Making Time

PostPosted by DonaldTwain » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:11 am

My Mum took me to the perfume launch as a surprise birthday present! We were first in line and he was absolutely lovely to talk to.
He signed my special edition DVD "For Jack you Terrible Cunt!"
He aslo signed the perfume box with birthday wishes.
It was very very cool!

photo host
DonaldTwain

PostPosted by Making Time » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:05 pm

OMG - how fucking cool is THAT?!?! You look thrilled. He looks thrilled - and high. Now comes the very important question.... what does it smell like? (The cologne, not the DVD.) :lol:
Making Time

PostPosted by DonaldTwain » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:12 am

It is really good. It's billed as a unisex fragrance but I think it definitely leans towards a more male scent. Haven't noticed the top notes of Camberwell Carrot as advertised but It is excellent none the less. It develops through a brilliant range of scents whilst you wear it.
A bit pricey but then mine came with a free Richard E Grant experience so it was totally worth it in my case.

Plus my name is Jack so it's quite fitting.
DonaldTwain

PostPosted by Making Time » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:48 am

I know I would love that fragrance based on your description, because I wear men's cologne anyway. Thanks for sharing that photo and the experience - it's awesome. One for the memory books! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Making Time

PostPosted by Making Time » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:49 am

P.S. If I forgot to mention it, you're adorable. :D
Making Time

PostPosted by McFuck » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:36 pm

Most exciting meetup since Crooked met REG at the tube station. And I have a photo of that too. In hi-def. :lol:
Don't attempt anything without the gloves.
McFuck

PostPosted by Making Time » Sat May 03, 2014 8:07 pm

Is it posted somewhere on this forum?
Making Time

PostPosted by crooked » Sun May 04, 2014 11:46 pm

ImageImageImage
crooked
Site Admin

PostPosted by Making Time » Wed May 07, 2014 5:22 am

Oh, right - now I remember! My brain's fuzzled. Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day...
Making Time

PostPosted by DonaldTwain » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:40 pm

I completed the pair this weekend when I met Paul McGann at the London film and Comicon. He was officially there in his Doctor Who capacity but he didn't mind a few Withnail fans. He told me that the film is being re-released in cinemas in this coming August! Can't find anything about it online yet so will have to keep our eyes peeled.

DonaldTwain

PostPosted by McFuck » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:31 am

Doctor Who? lol

or is it Doctor Whom?
Don't attempt anything without the gloves.
McFuck

PostPosted by Making Time » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:16 am

OMG - what a great photo!!! Sigh...

Back to the Jack perfume - I really do wish they'd have thought to put out some sample sizes, or a scratch 'n sniff card or something. It's really a lot to expect someone to lay out nearly $200 for something they have never even smelled yet.

Balls!
Making Time

Return to The Thespians