THE WITHNAIL PAPERS!

A place to come and say hello and hang around and converse.

THE WITHNAIL PAPERS!

PostPosted by Making Time » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:54 pm

Just added to the Wall-O-Withnail:

I recently acquired original editions of the three newspapers shown in the greasy fried eggs scene at the beginning of the film - "The People", "Sunday Mirror", and "News of the World". As they're old and delicate, I took photos of the papers (and the article "Love Made Up My Mind" that Marwood is reading) and had them laminated for display, and I'm keeping the newspapers themselves in archival black-out boxes with acid free paper between the pages, so they don't disintegrate or get harmed by UV light.

The Wall-O-Withnail blog has more photos, plus screen caps showing where in the movie they appear. Check it out!
... followed by yet another anecdote about his sensitive crimes in a punt with a chap called Norman, who had red hair and a book of poetry stained with the butter drips from crumpets.
Making Time

Re: THE WITHNAIL PAPERS!

PostPosted by The Purveyor » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:20 pm

"Papers? What papers?"
"Will we never be set free?"
The Purveyor
I guessed the selling price of Sleddale

PostPosted by haveyougotsoup » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:23 am

Impressive collection. :thumbup:
Chin Chin Soupy.

haveyougotsoup

PostPosted by Making Time » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:11 pm

Thanks! Just received an encouraging email from REG, as well - he loves the W-O-W! Now if the DVD box set would just arrive, I could call it Christmas and order a quadruple whiskey in celebration.

THIS JUST IN: The Historic Newspapers UK site just posted an article about me and the W-O-W. Woohoo!
... followed by yet another anecdote about his sensitive crimes in a punt with a chap called Norman, who had red hair and a book of poetry stained with the butter drips from crumpets.
Making Time

PostPosted by oomska » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:12 pm

Thanks Heide, you have just given me an eyegasm, extremely well resourced and presented, I think you have added a new, engaging meaning to the quote "are you published?" :D

Introducing our new Queen !!!
:thumbup: :thumbup:
.`. `. .

.`.
oomska
Formerly wicksy42

PostPosted by The Purveyor » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:19 pm

Really enjoyable read. Must have given you a buzz.
"Will we never be set free?"
The Purveyor

PostPosted by Making Time » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:27 pm

Honestly, officer... I only had a few ales. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
Making Time

PostPosted by Making Time » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:14 pm

Did an embarrassing thing yesterday... I joined Twitter (@WallOWithnail). That's not the embarrassing part.

Not being familiar with how things worked, I did a search for Richard E. Grant. The search results showed my photo, with a reference to the Historic Newspapers site - and I thought REG had tweeted it! As it turns out, it was the Historic Newspaper guys who tweeted it, and because they included REG's tag in the tweet, it came up as a result when I searched him.

I'm a total noob - getting the hang of how this Twitter thing works. I hope to post news of the latest items on The Wall, so folks will know when to come and check it out. If any of you use Twitter, come on over and click "follow"!

Making Time

Return to The Crow and Crown