Hometown blues

A place for discussing news articles, politics and more serious issues.

Hometown blues

PostPosted by Making Time » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:24 pm

So I live in this incorporated village. Which means I pay a shit-ton of taxes for the "privilege". The village just decided to put in metered pay parking on the streets in the center of the village. Which I, even as a denizen of said village, have to pay for if I want to frequent any of the establishments thereon.

And it's not even simple meters where you can just pop coins in the meter by your car... you have to walk up and down the street looking for the damn computerized machine, which then asks you what number spot you parked in, which of course you didn't notice when you parked, which means you have to go all the way back to your car and try to find where they put the fecking number. Then it's back to the machine, where you have to squint at the nearly impossible to read screen and use a debit or credit card to pay for the whole annoying scene. What sort of bollocks is THAT, I ask you?

Thanks, moronic village leaders, now I'm taking my money and going to shop and dine in the nice little village down the road that lets me park for free. You can take your paid parking and stuff it up your arse for nothing, and fuck off while you're doing it!
... followed by yet another anecdote about his sensitive crimes in a punt with a chap called Norman, who had red hair and a book of poetry stained with the butter drips from crumpets.
Making Time

Re: Hometown blues

PostPosted by crooked » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:34 am

Sounds like they are trying to kill the village.
ImageImageImage
crooked
Site Admin

Re: Hometown blues

PostPosted by Wrigglesworth » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:41 pm

Aye. Next thing you'll be moving to the free parking village. But once everyone has done that the towns-folk in that village will decide on paid parking. Then you'll be back to square one. Best thing is to start breaking the law more, and start giving a fuck less. Sherry? :wine:
Wrigglesworth

Return to News and politics, man