How to use quotes and images etc.

How to use quotes and images etc.

PostPosted by crooked » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:09 pm

I have noticed that quite a few people seem unsure as to the intricacies of quoting and posting images etc so i have decided to make a quick tutorial.

Almost all forums use a system called BB code. BB stands for bulletin board which is the official term for what most people call a forum. BB code works by using 'tags' wrapped around things.

[these are tags]

No matter what you want to do, there will always be an opening tag and a closing tag. Opening will look like [word] and the closing will look like [/word]. Whatever the instruction word is.

Quotes

Probably the most commonly used BB code is quote.

If you want to quote what someone posted you use them like this:

Code: Select all
[quote]example of how to quote[/quote]

which produce this:

example of how to quote

If you want to show who posted what you are quoting you need to add the name to the opening tag like this:

[quote="name"]example of how to quote[/quote]

which produces this:

name wrote:example of how to quote

Of course you can just use the quote button to reply to someone and that will automatically set up the quote tags, but often you will want to quote only a small section of someone's post. In that case, make sure you leave both tags intact.

Images

I did post an image tutorial but i will try and simplify it here. To post an image all you need to do is put the url in between [img]and[/img] like this:

[img]http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en_uk/images/logo.gif[/img]

which produces this:

Other text formating

You can also use [ b ] for bold, [ i ] for itallics and [ u ] for underlined. There is also [size].

Size is used like this:

[size=24]size[/size]

which produces this:

size

1 being tiny and 24 being large.

IN SUMMARY

The most important thing to remember is the tags. [word]whatever you want to affect[/word].
ImageImageImage
crooked
Site Admin

Return to Questions and Suggestions