Watched it

General chat about the film.

Re: Watched it

PostPosted by Withwine and I » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:37 am

Case in point, met two people at a pub quiz today. They seemed nice. Asked them if they liked it. They both said it was one of the best films ever. Neither of them knew the other liked it before I asked.
They found him wandering round Regent's Park with a cheap bottle of sherry...

And like a fool I mixed them and it strangled up my mind, and now people just get uglier and I have no sense of time...
Withwine and I

PostPosted by shagsack » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:40 am

Watched it at Sleddale Hall, believe me there is no better way to see it.
The only program I'm likely to get on is the fucking news.
shagsack

PostPosted by haveyougotsoup » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:24 am

Last night, first time in 12 months. Epic. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Chin Chin Soupy.

haveyougotsoup

PostPosted by Making Time » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:58 pm

Started watching it: 2011
Times I've watched it: over 100
Watched it this year so far: Once

I'm appalled it's the 15th and I've only watched it once. Stocking up on cider, ice, and sherry for more viewings!

**UPDATE 22 Jan**

Snowstorm yesterday precluded the planned screening with my friend who's never seen it. Am watching it tonight (hubby even agreed to watch it again with me!) and invited the friend to come over tonight if the streets are clear enough. Watching it either way. WOOOT!
... followed by yet another anecdote about his sensitive crimes in a punt with a chap called Norman, who had red hair and a book of poetry stained with the butter drips from crumpets.
Making Time

PostPosted by Terrible Cunt! » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:14 pm

I have watched it on Friday and Saturday night.....but i feel the need to watch it again tonight! (Tues)....just got some wine in (Not the best of the century but it will suffice). This seems to happen a couple of times a year, i become addicted for a couple of weeks... Need to give it a rest but cant!!!
Terrible Cunt!

PostPosted by Making Time » Sat May 10, 2014 1:52 am

Just watched it this afternoon - with ice in the cider, and sherry? sherry. sherry. sherry? sherry. And a huge bowl of popcorn with parmesan cheese and cayenne pepper and salt. AWESOME. Since I haven't seen in in a while, I was able to focus on the characters again and laugh at the funny bits, instead of scrutinizing the items in the background that I still need for my Wall-O-Withnail. Egads, I love this movie!
... followed by yet another anecdote about his sensitive crimes in a punt with a chap called Norman, who had red hair and a book of poetry stained with the butter drips from crumpets.
Making Time

PostPosted by crooked » Tue May 27, 2014 1:39 am

Watched it in full for the first time in a long time on Friday.

What struck me is how well the subtext is conveyed, particularly through Marwood's facial expressions. It really is a brilliant film.
ImageImageImage
crooked
Site Admin

PostPosted by Wrigglesworth » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:57 pm

Making Time wrote:Just watched it this afternoon - with ice in the cider, and sherry? sherry. sherry. sherry? sherry. And a huge bowl of popcorn with parmesan cheese and cayenne pepper and salt. AWESOME. Since I haven't seen in in a while, I was able to focus on the characters again and laugh at the funny bits, instead of scrutinizing the items in the background that I still need for my Wall-O-Withnail. Egads, I love this movie!

Brilliant collection you've put together. Gob smacked by some of those items. I like the black and white dogs and the wallpaper story is very touching. Great stuff :)
Wrigglesworth

PostPosted by Making Time » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:30 am

Wrigglesworth wrote:Brilliant collection you've put together. Gob smacked by some of those items. I like the black and white dogs and the wallpaper story is very touching. Great stuff :)

Hey - thanks! I finally got hold of a proper vintage Fairy Liquid bottle, but just haven't gotten 'round to photographing it and adding it to the site yet. Soon, soon...
Making Time

PostPosted by Withwine and I » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:55 pm

Watched it, for Withnail Day, had a massive meal to go with it, picked up on a couple of lines I've never quite heard properly before, and noticed Withnail's lapel badge, which now has me intrigued. It always has something new.
They found him wandering round Regent's Park with a cheap bottle of sherry...

And like a fool I mixed them and it strangled up my mind, and now people just get uglier and I have no sense of time...
Withwine and I

PostPosted by Making Time » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:12 pm

Am on a strict diet lately... and so watched it the other day completely sober. Don't think I've ever done that before. Usually I'm toasting with sherry right along with Monty and the boys, from Chelsea to Crow Crag. Best thing is I noticed some other items to add to the Wall... have found and purchased a few - updates when I get them photographed!
Making Time

PostPosted by Making Time » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:03 am

Watched it on Sunday night with a family member who hadn't seen it yet. She's nearly 80, so I figured she better watch it soon, because you just never know. :thumbup:
Making Time

PostPosted by haveyougotsoup » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:12 am

Last night. Brilliant. :shock:
Chin Chin Soupy.

haveyougotsoup

Previous

Return to Withnail and I