NOBODY BOTHERS TO ASK WHY

A place for discussing news articles, politics and more serious issues.

NOBODY BOTHERS TO ASK WHY

PostPosted by oomska » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:55 pm

So here we are again faced with the threat of terror on our shores , its not terrorism anymore , the Americans have changed it as this becomes a more personal affront to our freedom ( personally im getting a bit fed up with it ) terror this and terror that there are more people killed on our roads each day from terror drivers than terrorists but this is ok.
Lets see now if our state sponsored form of terror continues to oppress the way of life of other countries , but as a consequence the funny coloured peoples villages homes and women and children are horrifically killed or maimed but this is just of small consequence , does not anyone think that the basic human trait called REVENGE ( in the name of allah ) will rear its ugly head and then turn its attention to the people who carry out this form of violence.
Please dont forget that the people who are killed in afghanistan and iraq do not have a name or loved ones or hobbies or interests or apet dog called benson or a picture posted on a lampost or some flowers or candles placed neatly at the side of the road or the media delving into every part of their life and death , please remember that the people we kill are not human and are not as important as british or american people , your unbiased news will not tell you this
Yet still the intelligent ones who can be a minister for sport or enviroment or any other position at the drop of a bomb continue to tell us that our foreign policy is not to blame , and the reason they actually do these terrible things is they " hate our way of life ", do they really expect us to beleive this .
Ask yourself this why are these people never interviewed or asked why they committed these haenous crimes .
How is it 5 million people of average intelligence protested in Hyde park before the start of the iraq war knew that this would happen on our shores and yet the intelligent ones with all the up to date relative " intelligence " could not see this coming .
Im in no way advocating these activities i just try to understand them.
If we the all conquering British were being occupied by the Germans do you not think that we would set up road side attacks and snipers to try and kill as many of the evil occupiers as possible.

But to put everything into perspective check this out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p86BPM1GV8M
.`. `. .

.`.
oomska
Formerly wicksy42

PostPosted by Withwine and I » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:28 am

But the baddies use the suicide bomb! The suicide bomb is really evil! It's a lot more evil than aeroplane bombs! It's really really evil because they die too! And that makes it so much more evil than a mortar or a tank shell! Or an ICBM! It's the most evil of all evil things because it's suicide!

Personally I don't think it's a sacrifice if it's got heaven after it, so religious suicide bombing makes perfect sense to me. Atheist suicide bombers, that would impress me, because then they're doing it on conviction, for the benefit of their people, and they don't get 72 virgins or anything. (By the way, does anyone else think that the whole thing of them being virgins is going to be null and void within a few to several weeks, depending on the bomber's sexual appetite?)
They found him wandering round Regent's Park with a cheap bottle of sherry...

And like a fool I mixed them and it strangled up my mind, and now people just get uglier and I have no sense of time...
Withwine and I

PostPosted by McFuck » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:55 am

well said oomska! I miss Carl Sagan. A lot of people have their priorities askew. Why can't we all just get along?
Don't attempt anything without the gloves.
McFuck

PostPosted by Lostat » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:01 am

It seems terror becomes relative. It's apparently not evil that Palestinians are living in constant terror of US-funded fighter jets and missles, but it is evil that Israelis are terrorised by palestinian suicide-bombers.
When the day comes that "we can all just get along", then I'll be very relieved. Everyone will die eventually, so why attempt to speed it along? What a fucking waste of a life to spend it trying to fuck up other peoples' lives.

Anyway, I'm off the see that film "Taking Liberties" tonight. For all the supposed extra security, it doesn't seem to have helped one bit in making the UK more secure. But the way politicians talk about people who want civil liberties being all wooly touchy-feely-types, well that's bollocks. If I wanted to live in a totalitarian state akin to "The Running Man" then I'd be happy to give up my civil liberties, but I don't.
"The gene pool could use a little chlorine"
Lostat

PostPosted by Withwine and I » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:35 pm

The irony being Arnold Schwarzenegger would probably love it.

If it's really Terror we're fighting then we should invent a drug that just removes all notions of fear, then bang, let Alchy Eda to whatever she wants, no one's afraid, no more Terror.

If it's Terrorism we want a war on then we automatically lose, because there is essentially no difference between state sponsored terror, as we're told the Taliban were participatory in, and a fully paid up military force with a budget of billions sent to enforce whatever a state decrees should be the fate of the world. Terrorism is using the threat of force by an individual or organisation in order to change the policies of another, be it for religious, political or other reasons. Invading a nation-state to institute 'regime change' clearly fits into this description, and therefore may be regarded as mass-state-sponsored terrorism. The vital hypocrisy is in the belief of legitimacy, something which both sides would necessarily claim. Everyone making such use of violence believes it is legitimate for them to do so. Bin Laden knows that the supreme being ordains it be done, so that's fair. George Bush knows that it is the right and just thing to crush terror and spread freedom. In Doctor Who the other day the Master knew it was his right as a Time Lord to change the entire history of the universe. Everyone, at least everyone in command, is right in their own mind.

And like a fool I mixed them and it strangled up my mind, and now people just get uglier and I have no sense of time...
Withwine and I

PostPosted by The Purveyor » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:30 pm

"If you don't like it here, why don't you go and live with them" :lol:
"Will we never be set free?"
The Purveyor
I guessed the selling price of Sleddale
I guessed the selling price of Sleddale

PostPosted by Parkin » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:28 pm

That Carl bloke sounds a decent person,..
I saw this on the same youtube page as that clip ,..
maybe it explains all we need to know ,.. :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_4-zJMMAqg&NR=1
Danny's here. Milf Hunter to his friends. Milf Hunter to everybody

one of my fav lines from the film ;-)
Parkin

PostPosted by oomska » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:14 pm

The so called master race that swarm and multiply like an inoperable cancerous tumour on this pale blue dot are capable of the most evil despicable atrocities not even Eli Roth could imagine , and yet we are capable of some of the most wonderous .
Like the people who envisaged and gave life to the voyager spacecraft , to think that at 4 billion miles away in 1991 it could still be asked to turn its cameras to face the tiny insignificant place where it was created and then within 14 hours or so beam images of our only home we have ever lived back into our living rooms , now that is fucking amazing

Your government will only ever want you to listen , not to think
.`. `. .

.`.
oomska
Formerly wicksy42

PostPosted by Withwine and I » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:53 am

The Purveyor wrote:"If you don't like it here, why don't you go and live with them" :lol:

To whomever said that, I don't like either of them, or the other, or the fourth. There are thousands of factions, and the vast majority are wrong, and in power somewhere.

Withwine and I

PostPosted by McFuck » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:57 am

oomska wrote:Your government will only ever want you to listen , not to think

and to think most people are happy with that. Pity.
Don't attempt anything without the gloves.
McFuck

PostPosted by oomska » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:09 pm

oomska wrote:The so called master race that swarm and multiply like an inoperable cancerous tumour on this pale blue dot

While evryones going on about global warming ,
If you think about this on a microbial scale . if the earth were an apple and the lights seen here on the surface are tiny microbes eating away at the apple , then when the earth / apple is covered in lights as industrial development overpowers and eats up all of its resources then the apple dies . so enjoy an apple while you still can

.`. `. .

.`.
oomska
Formerly wicksy42

PostPosted by crooked » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:00 am

Looks photoshopped to me.
ImageImageImage
crooked
Site Admin

PostPosted by oomska » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:20 am

crooked wrote:Looks photoshopped to me.

If it has been photoshopped, it was not by me, :think: just google " earthlights " in images .

An eye for an eye just ends up making the whole world blind
.`. `. .

.`.
oomska
Formerly wicksy42

PostPosted by crooked » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:29 am

Yeah I saw it on the NASA site. I hear they are quite good at photo manipulation. They even managed to convince most of the world that they had been to the moon. lol
ImageImageImage
crooked
Site Admin

PostPosted by Parkin » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:00 pm

Patrick Moore reckons they did land on the moon, and you have to belive him,.. it's the law !!

It'll be a sad day when that old eccentric snuffs it :(
Parkin

Next

Return to News and politics, man