Jennifer 8...

Talk about Bruce Robinson here.

Jennifer 8...

PostPosted by Pod's Ennui » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:41 pm

... is on Channel 5 tonight at 11.05.
Pod's Ennui

PostPosted by Inhumane » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:46 pm

A surprisingly good thriller.

I'll admit that I've avoided this movie in the past due to mixed reviews from friends (all of whom usually have exemplary tastes in cinema!). But I thoroughly enjoyed it & shall be seeking out a copy to re-watch post haste.

Malkovich is fantastic as always.

In case anyone's in the slightest bit interested, here's Bruce's original script - definitely worth a gander:
http://www.dailyscript.com/scripts/jenn ... cript.html
Inhumane

Re: Jennifer 8...

PostPosted by smallrhesusneg.bloodyMary » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:42 am

Jennifer 8 is on a local station tonight, so I am going to have a look. It only has a rating of 6.1 / 10 on IMDb, but we're doing a Mystery Challenge on one of the boards and I can get 2 points for watching it, so I might as well.
The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts, prostitutes for the bees.
smallrhesusneg.bloodyMary

Re: Jennifer 8...

PostPosted by smallrhesusneg.bloodyMary » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:56 am

OK, I've just finished watching it. It was a lot better than I expected. There were far too many commercials, as is usual with the small local stations, and as much as I love seeing Vince and his Slapchop, 6 times in one movie is a bit much. But the film itself was pretty good.
It wasn't particularly original (reminded me of Wait Until Dark and Sleeping with the Enemy), but the acting was very good and the end was exciting, even if predictable. I suspect that the studio messed around with it and didn't give Bruce a free hand.

I would rate it 7/10.
The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts, prostitutes for the bees.
smallrhesusneg.bloodyMary

Return to The Writer/Director