THE EMBALMER SOUNDTRACK

Talk about the DVD and VHS releases, posters and other merchandise related to the film.

Re: THE EMBALMER SOUNDTRACK

PostPosted by crooked » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:15 am

If he doesn't get back to you let me know and I will try and pull some strings.
ImageImageImage
crooked
Site Admin

PostPosted by haveyougotsoup » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:24 am

If you do manage to pull some strings, put my name on one please mucker.
Chin Chin Soupy. :P :P
haveyougotsoup

PostPosted by montyletmein » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:16 pm

I appreciate your help! I really do...

I had actually PM'd him a week before posting to the forum..and nothing. If you can pull some strings it would make me and a number of my friends extremely happy!

If not, thanks anyway - I'm sure it will turn up eventually somewhere!
montyletmein

PostPosted by Bondee » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:17 pm

I PM'd him too, but it would seem that he's gorn!

Could you do a little extra string-pulling and sort me out as well please, crooked?
Bondee

PostPosted by Trainedactorreduced » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:58 pm

I love The Embalmer, you can stick it in the Jag's stereo and chunter along as you drive, marvellous.
Bastard asked me to understudy Constantine in The Seagull !

http://soundcloud.com/cak900
Trainedactorreduced

PostPosted by haveyougotsoup » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:21 pm

Embalmer sound track to be re-relased, let me know if you want one.
Chin Chin Soupy.

haveyougotsoup

PostPosted by TravellingTinker » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:35 pm

Hello All,

I'm attempting to flog a fragment of Crow Crag wallpaper at the moment. It could well prove to be way too eccentric an item for there to be any demand for it whatsoever but I was so overcome with excitement when I came across it I simply had to frame it and get it on fleabay in the event of someone as mental as me being interested.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Crow-Crag-Wallpaper-From-Sleddale-Hall-Withnail-I-/251173812188?pt=UK_DVD_Film_TV_Film_Memorabilia_LE&hash=item3a7b2037dc

Anyway, the point being I got an email through ebay from a fellow whom I believe goes by the name of haveyougotsoup on here enquiring about The Embalmer which really touched me and looking around the forum for the first time in years it means a lot to me to see the enthusiasm that people still have for it. Sorry to sound like such a luvvie, but seriously, it's bloody nice of you. I also came across a number of messages that didn't make it to my email account and went unanswered so my apologies to those concerned for that. I hope you can prepare yourselves to forgive me.

So what I'm getting at is that I'm going to pull out all my Embalming material and see what's what. It's been five or six years or so but I'm up for the challenge. It strikes me that iTunes is the way to go in terms of format these days, as opposed to popping a CD in a player and listening to it. Also, looking at my own itunes at the rip I did of my own Embalmer, I notice horribly low bit rates. Easily remedied by re-ripping? Well, not if the original bit rates were low. Looking back at the original tracks, some of the sampling could have been done at higher bit rates which would have resulted in a much better sound quality, however, the CD was crammed to breaking point with material as it was. Had the sampling rate been higher the Embalmer would have been a two-CD jobbie.

God this is taking me a while, hope you're not dead from boredom... SO, what I'm thinking of doing is a RE-MASTERED EMBALMER featuring the same stuff but with better sound quality that would all fit onto one cd BUT ONLY in 320kbps mp3 format.

In WAV (normal cd format) at a 1411kbps size the resampled version would have to be a double-CD edition which I honestly think would be a bit OTT.

(Yeah I know. A bit rich coming from me.)

What do you think? Are you into decent quality mp3 these days (I'm not talking shitty 128kbps) or are you die-hard CD fans? Do you want an Embalmer designed for itunes or for a CD player?

Bearing in mind you can convert decent (320kb) mp3 files BACK to WAV with a little messing about and you have 'almost' CD quality again and can play on a conventional CD player...

Food for thought? Enough for a Late Luncheon? :mrgreen:

Do let me know what you think and for those of you interested in an all-new Embalmer, I will go with the majority opinion.

Hope that's okay.

Chin chin

Tink
I've been into his room. He won't hear a thing.
TravellingTinker

PostPosted by McFuck » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:32 pm

I love my Embalmer, it was a gift from Miss Blennerhassett and there can be only one.

Also I'm quite deaf now so sound quality doesn't really matter to me anymore :roll:
Don't attempt anything without the gloves.
McFuck

PostPosted by haveyougotsoup » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:44 am

C.D version for my vote, plus you get all the lovely art work. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Chin Chin Soupy.

haveyougotsoup

PostPosted by TravellingTinker » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:09 pm

Just to clarify, it would be a CD version, complete with everything it used to have, but on the CD would be high quality mp3 files (created from high quality sampling) instead of WAVs created from low-bitrate samples.

Hell I dunno. I could just make it exactly as it was but THE EMBALMER REMASTERED kind of appeals to me. Plus it would sound fantastic.

:thumbup: :?: :thumbdown: :?: :thumbup: :?: :thumbdown: :?: :thumbup: :?: :thumbdown: :?: :thumbup: :?: :thumbdown: :?: :thumbup: :?: :thumbdown: :?: :thumbup: :?: :thumbdown: :?: :thumbup: :?: :thumbdown: :?: :thumbup: :?: :thumbdown: :?: :thumbup: :?: :thumbdown: :?: :thumbup: :?: :thumbdown: :?: :thumbup: :?: :thumbdown: :?: :thumbup: :?: :thumbdown: :?:
TravellingTinker

PostPosted by crooked » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:40 pm

The bit rate of the source files makes no difference to how much you can fit on an audio cd. It is just a case ofto fitting 70 minutes on there. Surely you could find flacs of the songs (if you can't then hopefully high bit rate mp3s) and the dialogue bits can be wavs ripped directly from the dvd or blu ray.

I don't understand what you mean about high bit rate songs not fitting on the cd.

Welcome back by the way.
ImageImageImage
crooked
Site Admin

PostPosted by TravellingTinker » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:23 pm

Hi Crooked, thanks. Hope you're well. The music tracks aren't the issue. No problem with any aspect of that. It's what would happen if I re-sampled all the dialogue that I'm getting my knickers in a twist about. If I upped the quality the resulting WAVs would be larger and there simply ain't the room on an 80-minute CD as the total megabyte capacity would be exceeded.

:idea: :idea: :idea:

I think I've come to a decision folks. I will make up some EMBALMERS exactly how they were originally and they will be available in due course. This is what has been asked for so I'll do it without any more fannying around. Further details by PM only as I don't know what the ramifications of talking prices on here are.

What I'm also going to do is create the REMASTERED version. This will consist of spanking-quality mp3 audio with every piece of dialogue re-sampled and will result in as close as damnit to DVD audio quality. It'll be killer. I'll do something with the cover art to complement the theme. It will rip to iTunes seamlessly with every individual track numbered and labelled. It will also play on any CD player that recognises mp3 files. It'll take blood, sweat and tears to do it and it may be a minority interest thing but it'll be worth it 'cos it'll be a belter. If anyone's up for one please let me know! Again, further details via PM..

Cheers,
Tink
TravellingTinker

PostPosted by haveyougotsoup » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:11 pm

EXCELLENT AND WELCOME BACK. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Chin Chin Soupy.

haveyougotsoup

PostPosted by crooked » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:16 am

TravellingTinker wrote:Hi Crooked, thanks. Hope you're well. The music tracks aren't the issue. No problem with any aspect of that. It's what would happen if I re-sampled all the dialogue that I'm getting my knickers in a twist about. If I upped the quality the resulting WAVs would be larger and there simply ain't the room on an 80-minute CD as the total megabyte capacity would be exceeded.

You seem to not be understanding this. You can take 80 mins worth of audio, up the quality to a 24/96 wav and still fit it on a cd. The process of burning the cd will resample the audio to 16/44. Obviously that would be pointless but if you rip the audio off the dvd at 16/44 it will be crystal clear and will not cause any problems with regards fitting on the cd. There is no need to use lossy compression (mp3) at any stage of the process.
ImageImageImage
crooked
Site Admin

PostPosted by TravellingTinker » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:35 am

crooked wrote: You seem to not be understanding this. You can take 80 mins worth of audio, up the quality to a 24/96 wav and still fit it on a cd. The process of burning the cd will resample the audio to 16/44. Obviously that would be pointless but if you rip the audio off the dvd at 16/44 it will be crystal clear and will not cause any problems with regards fitting on the cd. There is no need to use lossy compression (mp3) at any stage of the process.

Crooked old bean, I don't doubt for a moment that there's truth in what you say and I am prepared to overlook the insinuation that this is beyond my comprehension but in the event that I re-sample all that dialogue, reassemble all the resulting WAVs, including the music tracks, and they no longer fit onto a CD I hope you will be prepared to eat your fucking radish. And to be entirely fair about it, in the event they DO still fit I will resign myself to eat my own fucking radish. Seriously, I'll buy one from Sainsbury's and post a photo of me eating it!!! Can't say fairer than that :lol:

Now let's play nicely...
TravellingTinker

PreviousNext

Return to The Merchandise