Absolute bollox

Other films, music, TV and books

Re:

PostPosted by E. Nygma » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:32 pm

Wrigglesworth wrote:i heard the new Indiana Jones is complete pants so I never even bothered to watch it. I don't want to sully my memories of growing up with cool Indiana Jones films. I really wanted to be in Temple of Doom and to play the part of that Chinese kid, unfortunately i'm not Chinese or even a thespian

It is the most shattering moment in a young man's life when he quite reasonably says to himself ..'I shall never play the Chinese kid in Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom'

I liked it, I mean it was bad but you have to have low expectations when it's been a long time since the last film. No matter how bad it is it made enough for them to decide to make an Indiana Jones 5.

One film I watched recently that should be avoided is Splice. I wanted to kill myself while watching that.
Don't threaten me with a dead fish!
E. Nygma

Re: Absolute bollox

PostPosted by Ellietronic » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:58 pm

I'll probably get lynched for saying this as everyone I know thinks it's a classic... but seriously...

Wayne's World.

I thought it was shit. There, I said it. I can't understand how the people I watched it with were laughing at it. It wasn't funny and I want two hours of my life back. :x
Ellietronic

PostPosted by crooked » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:00 pm

It was good at the time but it has aged very badly. This seems to be the case with most of his stuff.
ImageImageImage
crooked
Site Admin

PostPosted by Ellietronic » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:59 pm

Yeah fair play to it, it hasn't aged well. Although I do think if I'd seen it when it came out [I was only about five I think], and had been old enough to appreciate it I may have liked it.

Still wouldn't bother watching it again though.
Ellietronic

PostPosted by E. Nygma » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:46 am

Ellietronic wrote:I'll probably get lynched for saying this as everyone I know thinks it's a classic... but seriously...

Wayne's World.

I thought it was shit. There, I said it. I can't understand how the people I watched it with were laughing at it. It wasn't funny and I want two hours of my life back. :x

I have Wayne's World 1 and 2 on DVD, how can you hate them?
E. Nygma

PostPosted by Ellietronic » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:18 am

I think maybe it's because everyone was telling me they were hilarious and had really hyped them up, then when I watched the first one it wasn't as funny as I thought and was a total let down.
I'm not saying they're bad films as there's far worse out there, but I really didn't enjoy watching the first one, it just made me bored. Sorry. :(
Ellietronic

PostPosted by McFuck » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:25 am

it was funny once, but not something I'd ever watch again.
Don't attempt anything without the gloves.
McFuck

PostPosted by haveyougotsoup » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:47 pm

Splice, seriously boring. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Chin Chin Soupy.
Chin Chin Soupy.

haveyougotsoup

PostPosted by McFuck » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:24 am

Trees Lounge, either fucking brilliant or total bore - can't decide.
Don't attempt anything without the gloves.
McFuck

PostPosted by E. Nygma » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:10 pm

haveyougotsoup wrote:Splice, seriously boring. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Chin Chin Soupy.

I have to agree with you there. I watched it and then demanded my lost time back. I watched it after watching the human centipede thinking it would be just as good and hillarious. I was so wrong.
E. Nygma

PostPosted by shagsack » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:29 pm

I recently saw the crap Knight and Day - utter crap it was. Cardboard acting, one ridiculous action scene after another, and on top of all that, it was supposed to be a comedy. Avoid it.
The only program I'm likely to get on is the fucking news.
shagsack

PostPosted by haveyougotsoup » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:40 pm

The cabin In the Woods, hyped up bollox. :drunk:
Chin Chin Soupy.

haveyougotsoup

PostPosted by crooked » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:42 am

ImageImageImage
crooked
Site Admin

PostPosted by crooked » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:38 am

ImageImageImage
crooked
Site Admin

PostPosted by Making Time » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:28 pm

1. Anything with Adam Sandler, Will Ferrell, Keira "Underfangs" Knightley, Dennis Quaid, Steven Seagal, Jean Claude Van Damme, Rowan Atkinson, or Drew Barrymore.

2. Any comedy film that's made in America.

3. The first "Hunger Games" film sucked huge saveloy because of the constant jittering, shaking camera - it was like trying to watch a film in an earthquake. Ridiculous. Sad, because I enjoyed the books.

4. The American version of the "Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" series... the REAL, original version made in Sweden, starring Noomi Rapace, completely ROCKED. Why do they try and fuck with a perfect original? Idiots. Also, Daniel Craig looks like a monkey.

5. The Jim Carrey remake of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas". People, really? Do. Not. Fuck. With. A. Perfect. Original. Film. Period. And that also goes for the purported plans to make another animated version of that film, which I will never watch because (see above).

6. All films that drag you through a slow two hours in the hopes that you might actually find out what they're on about, and then end with someone halfway through a sentence and the screen goes black. And you're sitting there like an arse, waiting for something else to happen, and then suddenly you're looking at the credits, and you realize that they've just stolen two hours of your life that you'll never get back again. Existential bullshit.

7. The most recent Iron Man flick. The most recent Indiana Jones flick. The most recent "any series that's been going on way too long and should have been shut down after the first sequel" flick. What is it with the film industry and beating dead horses?
... followed by yet another anecdote about his sensitive crimes in a punt with a chap called Norman, who had red hair and a book of poetry stained with the butter drips from crumpets.
Making Time

PreviousNext

Return to Other Entertainment