Absolute bollox

Other films, music, TV and books

Re: Absolute bollox

PostPosted by crooked » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:19 pm

Making Time wrote:3. The first "Hunger Games" film sucked huge saveloy because of the constant jittering, shaking camera - it was like trying to watch a film in an earthquake. Ridiculous. Sad, because I enjoyed the books.

I had heard really good things about the film and I am too lazy to read a book so I was really looking forward to watching it. I had to turn it off after about a minute for the very reason that you have stated. It was like a 15 year old had filmed it on their phone or something. Same with one of the Bourne films that I tried to watch.
ImageImageImage
crooked
Site Admin

PostPosted by Making Time » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:47 pm

crooked wrote:Same with one of the Bourne films that I tried to watch.

At least with the Bourne films, they only use it during a chase scene - not thru the entire bloody movie! I think shaky camera works to MOMENTARILY cue the audience that a moment is very stressful or intense, that the character is feeling panic, or that a situation has come to an unexpected crisis which involves scrambling your arse off to get to safety. But having shaky-cam extend through an entire film is like trying to read a funny book with someone looking over your shoulder and saying, "This book is really funny, isn't it? It's SO funny! This is the funniest book ever, don't you think?" In both cases it makes me want to tell them to shove it up their arse and fuck off while they're doing it.
... followed by yet another anecdote about his sensitive crimes in a punt with a chap called Norman, who had red hair and a book of poetry stained with the butter drips from crumpets.
Making Time

PostPosted by crooked » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:52 pm

It must have started with a ten minute chase scene then. I couldn't stand it.
ImageImageImage
crooked
Site Admin

PostPosted by Making Time » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:59 pm

Yes... it did. I know the one you mean. I'm also one of those people who get "seasick" trying to play those first-person shooter games (which I hate anyway) on a large screen. Too much bouncy camera work in any genre: not good.
... followed by yet another anecdote about his sensitive crimes in a punt with a chap called Norman, who had red hair and a book of poetry stained with the butter drips from crumpets.
Making Time

PostPosted by crooked » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:54 am

I've always preferred 3rd person shooters.
ImageImageImage
crooked
Site Admin

PostPosted by Making Time » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:41 pm

They can give me "Myst" and "Riven" and then shove the shooter games up their arse for nothing and fuck off while they're doing it.
Making Time

PostPosted by Withwine and I » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:06 am

What about second person shooters? You look out of the eyes of the baddies and watch as shoot yourself.
They found him wandering round Regent's Park with a cheap bottle of sherry...

And like a fool I mixed them and it strangled up my mind, and now people just get uglier and I have no sense of time...
Withwine and I

Previous

Return to Other Entertainment