Religion

A place for discussing news articles, politics and more serious issues.

Religion

PostPosted by McFuck » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:32 pm

I probably shouldn't open this particular can of worms, but I recently read this article about the Pope on the BBC Today.

"Growing indifference to religion, particularly in Europe, is a source of concern to the Pope."

Well, DUH! Of course he's concerned - he's not raking in the income that he's accustomed to! Remember this is coming from the religion that sponsored the Crusades and the Inquisition. The same Church that either put you on the rack or burned you at the stake if you didn't believe in their brand of religion. We owe Henry VIII big time for breaking with Rome, even if he only did it to get into a woman's knickers.

Ok, I feel better now. Thanks for reading.
Don't attempt anything without the gloves.
McFuck

PostPosted by crooked » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:43 pm

“Well, technically, you cannot be any more than an agnostic. But I am as agnostic about God as I am about fairies and the Flying Spaghetti Monster. You cannot actually disprove the existence of God. Therefore, to be a positive atheist is not technically possible. But you can be as atheist about God as you can be atheist about Thor or Apollo. Everybody nowadays is an atheist about Thor and Apollo. Some of us just go one god further.”

-Richard Dawkins
ImageImageImage
crooked
Site Admin

PostPosted by Silage Heap » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:27 pm

As a matter of fact, I saw the Flying Spaghetti Monster yesterday, on the bus. QED.
Right lads!
Pack your bags
And come aboard as we hoist the Black Flag...
Silage Heap

PostPosted by McFuck » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:14 am

but were you touched by his noodly appendage?
McFuck

PostPosted by oomska » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:10 pm

Silage Heap wrote:As a matter of fact, I saw the Flying Spaghetti Monster yesterday, on the bus. QED.

Are you sure it was the actual spaghetti monster or not just an overlong alphabetti spaghetti I with murderous passenger intentions , obviously it must have been after 9.30 am as it only has a twirly bus pass.
.`. `. .

.`.
oomska
Formerly wicksy42

PostPosted by McFuck » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:40 am

I would think that the real spaghetti monster has a limo.
McFuck

PostPosted by Silage Heap » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:32 pm

Yes, it was definitely the real FSM. We had a long chat. Apparently he was riding the bus because the police took away his flying license for bombing people in the streets below with spaghetti & meatballs. And he lost his limo in a card game with Donald Rumsfeldt. True story.
Right lads!
Pack your bags
Silage Heap

PostPosted by Silage Heap » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:32 pm

By the way, in case you ever meet him, you should know he has disguised himself as a crazy tramp in a dirty raincoat. An illusion he has cunningly added to by making himself reek of cheap booze. Crafty bugger.
Right lads!
Pack your bags
Silage Heap

Return to News and politics, man