I'm not doing Christmas!

Vent spleen here.

I'm not doing Christmas!

PostPosted by McFuck » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:54 am

or Why I Resigned from ALL Organized Religions.

I'm not doing Christmas any more. I am tired of the greed that seems to possess most people at this time of the year. The day after Thanksgiving I was appalled to hear about the Walmart employee that was trampled to death by a mob of holiday shoppers. Is that what mankind has evolved into? Is getting a good deal on a flat panel tv more important than a young man's life? And what angers me more is that more people aren't as angry as I am. But I'm doing something about it - I'm quitting.I'm not getting sucked into any more "holidays". Yes, I have a pine tree in my living room, but it's a Festivus Tree; it smells good and it looks pretty and I like it. Think of it as an overgrown house plant. But I'm not killing myself shopping because everyone else is doing it. We all have way too much stuff as it is now, and it obviously isn't making us any happier. Please don't buy me anything! Call me, write me, or visit me and we'll have a drink and a smoke. No gifts!

As for the religion thing, I'm not getting involved any more. Whether you bomb abortion clinics, blow up tall buildings, or nuke your neighbor because God promised you land - - well, leave me out of it. Harming others is evil - and it doesn't matter why you do it - for God, for Country, or for spite. DUH.

Other than that, have a happy whatever. Thanks for reading!

Forgive them that tear down my soul
and bless them that they might grow old
and free them so that they may know
that it's never too late
Don't attempt anything without the gloves.
McFuck

Re: I'm not doing Christmas!

PostPosted by crooked » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:07 am

I don't see why the winter solstice is such a big reason to celebrate. I feel real ambivalence towards it. on the one hand winter is half way through but on the other it's still 3 or 4 months until the weather is even bearable.

I don't understand why we don't make more of the summer solstice. At least you can party all night outside in a tshirt.
ImageImageImage
crooked
Site Admin

PostPosted by The Purveyor » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:05 pm

Bah, humbug.

Scrooges, the lot of yers.
"Will we never be set free?"
The Purveyor
I guessed the selling price of Sleddale
I guessed the selling price of Sleddale

PostPosted by McFuck » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:45 pm

I don't think I'm a Scrooge, just a disinterested participant.
McFuck

PostPosted by Silage Heap » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:20 am

But what about Santa Cola and McJesus and all the other festive childrens characters/corporate xmascots?
Ah, the magic of Christmas....
Right lads!
Pack your bags
And come aboard as we hoist the Black Flag...
Silage Heap

PostPosted by Silage Heap » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:25 am

Sorry for the double post, but I have just been informed that it will now be known as "Pepsi presents Christmas"
Right lads!
Pack your bags
Silage Heap

PostPosted by Silage Heap » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:29 am

Sorry for the 3rd post but apparently Christmas(tm) has just been taken over by a Saudi businessman, who does not believe in Christ. It will now be known as Cashmas ltd, plc Day. Also not celebrating it has just been outlawed in every western European country and the USA.
Right lads!
Pack your bags
Silage Heap

PostPosted by Silage Heap » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:40 am

Damn, they've gone bust. Each country's celebration has just been nationalised, and it will now be called Creditcrunchmas. Santa's had to lay off 4 reindeer, and he's started drinking heavily since Coca Cola pulled out of their contract, so the delivery of CCMas presents will, for the 1st time ever, be the responsibility of the national mail services.
Right lads!
Pack your bags
Silage Heap

PostPosted by McFuck » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:47 am

so am I getting any presents or not?
McFuck

PostPosted by Silage Heap » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:29 pm

Oh I see, you're only giving up the part of Christmas where you have to buy other people presents, not the part where they buy you presents, right?
Right lads!
Pack your bags
Silage Heap

PostPosted by McFuck » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:49 am

The only part of Christmas I want is the part where I fly off to SoCal and spend a long week on the beach, with lots of frozen drinks with little paper umbrellas in them. And weed :ganj:
McFuck

PostPosted by jeff wode » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:43 pm

i dont do the god thing at all. i dont care if he/she /they/it ever existed or was born, died or found under a fucking bush. however, i like the few days off round xmas to spend time with the family and enjoy ourselves before , as they inevitably will one day, they fly the nest.
"imagine the size of his balls!"
jeff wode

PostPosted by McFuck » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:04 am

if I only got the few days off, but I usually have to work.

welcome back Jeff!
McFuck

PostPosted by oomska » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:21 pm

Ok this may sound a tiny, tiny bit crass and insensitive, but I can`t help it its what I do best, so if you are easily offended please leave the room and put minors to bed......and furthermore there will be no flash photography during this communication.

In my humbugged opinion, Christmas day should be renamed thus .... Socially obliged to give and receive useless tat - day ... now are you with me, its just that not once have I seen Iceland, M&S or any big conglomerate give a mention to the late and great baby Jesu` who allegedly voluntarily sacrificed himself on the cross just so we could cram as much food and drink down our throats until our livers swell to the size of Beyonce`s arse until it bursts all over the cat or so we get to see who is going to receive the latest I tablet game pad nanu gobbler phone bollocks 23iix from Argos with a £5 money off gift voucher .... fuck all this consumerist twaddle and fuck you Boney M, I just thank my local God that at least he made me an Atheist and by the way at the same time starved all those poor innocent African babies and gave them AIDS ... well done sir.

Right, now where is my anti Santa outfit, I`m off to the grotto to share my worldly wisdom with some needy 8 year old brats, dont tell anyone but secretly I am hoping Santa falls off his sleigh and his reindeer horrifically gore the old duffer with their antlers anyway it may just save him from the shame to come when the media and police come calling at 6am and confiscate his computer in a sealed plastic bag as the way things have been going on lately with all these BBC celebs ... ahem ahem, now that would make for a really alternate xmas play, and before you start shouting at your computer screen you beast how could you say that, just think nobody would have thought that of Saville and his cronies, and all the signs are there ..I mean come on ... he sneaks into family homes in the middle of the night, always hanging around children giving out freebies as enticements to sit on his lap and all in a "charitable" way and then suddenly disappears under the radar for a while to let the dust settle, and we will all be saying tut tut how did we not realise what was going on? :roll:

Anyway Im not buying any presents until after the world ends on the 21st, so thanks to the Mayans for that .....Now I wonder what the mayan Calendar would have looked like for 2013, I definately would like to have seen 12 months of colour pictures of the human sacrifices of the One direction plebs, and Decembers could have been a mass "live" human sacrifice of all the X factor contestants. :mrgreen:

Chin Chin :thumbup:
.`. `. .

.`.
oomska
Formerly wicksy42

PostPosted by Ellietronic » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:15 pm

And I thought I was too cynical and bitter about the holidays. I think I may have just been out-scrooged. That was quite a rant. :lol:
Ellietronic

Next

Return to Rants