The Obama Deception

A place for discussing news articles, politics and more serious issues.

Re: The Obama Deception

PostPosted by crooked » Tue May 26, 2009 1:55 pm

I looked it up in The Guardian book of English and it says "No one not no-one."
ImageImageImage
crooked
Site Admin

PostPosted by McFuck » Tue May 26, 2009 3:02 pm

I think crooked is correct.
Don't attempt anything without the gloves.
McFuck

PostPosted by The Purveyor » Tue May 26, 2009 6:09 pm

Until someone shows me an entry for this in an up-to-date copy of the 'Oxford English Dictionary', I say that it could still be both.

As for 'The Guardian', the paper is so famous for getting things wrong it is often referred to as 'The Gruaniad'.
"Will we never be set free?"
The Purveyor
I guessed the selling price of Sleddale
I guessed the selling price of Sleddale

PostPosted by McFuck » Wed May 27, 2009 12:10 am

Dictionary. com says:

no one 
–noun no person; not anyone; nobody: No one is home.

Also, no-one.

So you're both right. Now STFU.
McFuck

PostPosted by Grubbles » Sat May 30, 2009 6:10 am

Oxford English Dictionary
Grubbles

PostPosted by AtoZ » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:08 pm

Can I just say what an absolutely perfect waste of time reading this thread has been.
Seriously, just perfect.
It's not often on a forum board rant that you can take two such widely opposing views and have both positions argued so perfectly. No matter which side of the fence you are on (if either) you would have to agree that both Silage and Jeff talk so much sense. Both have such a strong understanding of how the world actually is now, and how it could be in the future. Silage may be a dreamer but it's those dreams that form the reality Jeff lives within. Without Jeff's sense of perspective it would be too easy to dream and not do. Silage is sensible enough to appreciate the reality of the world as Jeff sees it but clearly argues the point of what could be. Jeff points out the reality of everything that has gone before as an indication of what could be. Glass half full, glass half empty, either way the liquid within is evaporating.
Shame that this very debate can't reach a wider audience.
Puts me in mind of the old ' If a tree falls over in a forest and nobody is there to hear it, does it still make a noise? ' philosophical question. Potassium-40 and the evolution of higher life and all that.
For the record, I like Marmite.
Who's watching you?
AtoZ

PostPosted by McFuck » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:20 pm

AtoZ wrote:For the record, I like Marmite.

and do you see our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in your Marmite too?
McFuck

PostPosted by aleks » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:03 am

Silage Heap wrote:WHOOOAAA!!!! I just read aleks' post, hes on my ignore list so usually I dont bother clicking "display post", and what do I discover? Mr High-and-Mighty-I'm-the-only-worker-in-Britain-you-dont-have-a-job-so-your-opinion-is-worthless doesn't have a job! And BAM! There goes the last of your credibility, you hypocritical, lying dirty scrounger!
And I never claimed my position was "irrefutable" I believe it has been refuted several times already, although not convincingly enough to change my mind, or anyone elses I suspect. At least jeff has been honest as far as I know, I've said what I believe, he's said what he believes. You on the other hand... :thumbdown:

Anyway, religion is the topic for the day, so Im not reading your posts anymore. Save your energy unless you have something to say about Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, amen.

You're such a fucking knob. Just because I don't have a job, doesn't mean I don't work and certainly doesn't mean I scrounge. If you can just work out one universal truth in your short lifetime let it be this. The world IS NOT BLACK AND WHITE even if proto fascists like you oh so desire it to be so.
To those of some maturity, and discernment it is usually possible to read between the lines of one's interlocutor's verbiage and distinguish the truth of a position, even be it a miasma of allusion, obscure reference, sarcasm, fact, irony, wilful illusion etc. You on the other hand swing wildly between.... oh I can't be bothered. Clash. Red Brigade. Say no more.
I believe you are a one-armed, lesbian, single-mother, hoddie (person who carries brickbats for others before we get the OED out).
If you want to start any sort of cogent and coherent argument with me, please do so, then we'll all have a little poll and see how you've done.
aleks

PostPosted by aleks » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:11 am

Oh I forgot to add. Should you choose to believe that I do not have a job, and you are perfectly free to do so, but isn't it about time you stopped believing everything you read and started to think and reflect for yourself. I always thought that was lesson number one in the anarchists rulebook?

"WHOOOAAA!!!! "Reminds me of that famous quote that shouting "Raceeeist" being the last refuge of a scoundrel.
aleks

PostPosted by Silage Heap » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:23 am

^I think people can make their own mind up about that stream of bile.
Wode may argue his case well, but this cunt doesn't.

Thanks for an impartial viewpoint (finally) on that "debate" anyway AtoZ

PS And Im fairly sure that the quote is about patriotism being the last refuge of the scoundrel? Your version sounds like a twisted BNP/Daily Mail "political-correctness-gone-mad" version to me. (I love the BNP of course, me being a fascist and all :roll:)
To be honest, from all the abusive meaningless shit you've been shouting at me, I'm pretty sure you've been dwelling in "the scoundrel's last refuge" for a while mate.
Right lads!
Pack your bags
And come aboard as we hoist the Black Flag...
Silage Heap

PostPosted by McFuck » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:38 am

don't vent spleen on me!
McFuck

PostPosted by crooked » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:11 am

I've told you: play nice or I will take your ball away!
ImageImageImage
crooked
Site Admin

PostPosted by jeff wode » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:55 am

and for a change, i can honestly add, IT WASNT ME!!!!!!!
"imagine the size of his balls!"
jeff wode

PostPosted by jeff wode » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:57 am

AtoZ wrote:
For the record, I like Marmite.

ohhhh, soooooo close!!. you were so close to making complete sense, and then, right on the last minute you snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. fucking marmite, its like eating the fluff from down the back of the sofa!! :D :D :D
"imagine the size of his balls!"
jeff wode

PostPosted by AtoZ » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:44 pm

I'm also about to buy a Fiat Multipla. One of the original 'Ugly Bug' models.
There's no hope is there.
Who's watching you?
AtoZ

PreviousNext

Return to News and politics, man