Real life accidental use of withnail quote

General chat about the film.

Re: Real life accidental use of withnail quote

PostPosted by anniekey » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:53 am

One of my friends is Irish and we're always doing the bar scene at school. But when it gets to 'What's your name, McFuck?' I just say, 'Actually it's McFadyen!' Because that is my name ~~~pointless story but oh well
These aren't accidents! They're throwing themselves into the road, GLADLY! Throwing themselves into the road to escape all this hideousness! THROW YOURSELF INTO THE ROAD DARLING, YOU HAVEN'T GOT A CHANCE!
anniekey

PostPosted by Mole » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:23 am

Not quite an accident but I went to my sisters for christmas and she had a turkey crown for the crimbo dinner, It did not have any bacon on its back. Obviously I said, " Imagine the fucker with bacon on its back!"

Sorry I dont post on here much but I always have a look. Thanks to this site I have had a good few visits to the crag and even found the gate, phonebox etc.
Give me a Valium, I'm getting the FEAR!
Mole

PostPosted by Wrigglesworth » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:07 pm

Not accidental at all, more pre-planned really, but i'm thinking of having 'we demand the finest wines available to humanity!' on my wedding gift list because i don't want anything else ...maybe Ikea vouchers. The problem i see with this is that the request may just seem obnoxious to those who haven't seen Withnail. Shame cos i think it's highly amusing - everybody should watch W&I at least ten times then they might have a clue what i'm going on about.
Wrigglesworth

PostPosted by bastard behind the eyes » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:58 pm

Someone just came into my shop. I was chatting and they said they had gone into another local shop which had a "for sale" sign and so they asked if the business was for sale and the guy said "No" She said she didn't feel welcome and she thought it was because she was (with her husband) from London.
Do you know what she told me she told him?
DO YOU KNOW?

"We're not from London you know" and you ain't gonna believe this, he said,

"I don't care where you're from"

I asked her if she knew the film. She didn't.

RESULT!

That Bruce guy is a fucking Shakespearean genius
bastard behind the eyes

PostPosted by Tennyson » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:02 pm

@ Wrigglesworth: Do you actually mean you would invite to your WEDDING people who haven't seen WITHNAIL AND I? Oooo, you little traitor! Anyone who wants to stay friends with me HAS to see the film.
Tennyson

PostPosted by Wrigglesworth » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:27 pm

That would cause me quite a few problems as none of our parents have seen it. My mum showed an interest but in hind-sight this may have been because it seemed fashionable at the time. She's quite like that, my mum. Still hasn't seen it :roll:
Wrigglesworth

PostPosted by McFuck » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:37 pm

I can never get anyone to watch the film. I may have to take hostages.
Don't attempt anything without the gloves.
McFuck

Previous

Return to Withnail and I